Mechanic in South East Michigan

67Camaro

I am looking for recommendations for a table mechanic in South East Michigan for a 7 ft table assembly and new cloth.

I am considering using Simonis 860 cloth - looking for someone who is comfortable with installing this cloth.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought my first table when I lived up there. Try Mason's Billiards and Barstools in Toledo. They gave me good service.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I am looking for recommendations for a table mechanic in South East Michigan for a 7 ft table assembly and new cloth.

I am considering using Simonis 860 cloth - looking for someone who is comfortable with installing this cloth.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

What kind of table are you talking about here...a Sears, Costco, Olhausen...it would help to know what kind of table it is, since it's not always about just installing the cloth right;)

67Camaro

The table is an AMF Playmaster - Belle model.

Just to be clear - I live in the Metro Detroit area - approx 45 minutes west of Detroit.

Many of the installers I have looked into seem reluctant to deal with Simonis cloth. They either don't want to install it, or, they want more labor dollars to handle it!!??

Thanks again.....

Last edited:

DennyS

Pro-Instructor
Silver Member
Call Marty Seidel at Pool Table Recoveries & More - Cell # 419-307-7784

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
It would be a couple weeks, but if you don't make arrangements with anyone else, I am very familiar with AMF Playmaster tables...worked for an AMF dealer for 8 years in Dayton, OH. You're in our service area, and I am very comfortable working with Simonis. Check with Felice at extension 21 at 1-800-SIMONIS for a reference, or to ask if there's anyone closer to your area they can recommend.

Give me a call if you have any questions.

sabulhas

Registered
Josh Ebert - Absolute Billiard Service

Josh Ebert of Absolute Billiard Service came out to my Dearborn Heights, Michigan home not too long ago and brilliantly installed my table and Simonis 860. You can check out a prior post of mine. I couldn't be happier. Good luck with your table...

67Camaro

Thanks all for the replies. I did speak with Josh a week or so ago.

It would be nice to get him up here for a few jobs so that we can split the mileage charge!!

I'm still several weeks away from being ready for the table job. We are waiting on some leather club chairs to come in to better dial in the location of the table in the room (turning our useless living/dining room into an old style classic pool room).

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
If anyone else in the area is interested in service or a quote, PM or call me. I'd love to be able to get up there to get that table done, but travel expense for one table is a little brutal. I'll split mileage among the jobs if we can combine trips and knock out multiple tables. Get ahold of me.