Has anyone seen 9-Ball The Movie w/Jennifer Barretta

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sitting at home with a few hours of free time and was seriously contemplating streaming the 9-Ball movie. It's only a few bucks to stream, but I don't want to waste the time or the money on some really bad acting filmed with a camcorder.

Can anyone who has seen it give me an honest review of it from a pool player's perspective?

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
It's a pool movie, so you might as well just do it, to say that you did. That's what prompted me to pay for the stream.

The acting is sub-par and the plot is far-fetched and silly. Actually, I found humor in most of the movie. The story is about 'A reformed "hustler", on her journey to be the APA league MVP.' Seriously, I kid you not.. That's what the movie is about.

You might as well just watch it, just to say that you did, even if for nothing more than a cheap laugh.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a pool movie, so you might as well just do it, to say that you did. That's what prompted me to pay for the stream.

The acting is sub-par and the plot is far-fetched and silly. Actually, I found humor in most of the movie. The story is about 'A reformed "hustler", on her journey to be the APA league MVP.' Seriously, I kid you not.. That's what the movie is about.

You might as well just watch it, just to say that you did, even if for nothing more than a cheap laugh.

Sounds like if Jordan quit the NBA to try to be the best player on the 30 and up basketball league at the YMCA.

I did not even know the thing was finished, I'll probably watch it at some point, where can you get it from?

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks. I kind of figured out what the movie was about from the trailer and I had also read in a few places that it is just a long ad for the APA. However, I would have figured that it would have been about her trying to get away from hustling/gambling and get into the pros. Now that I know that it is about her becoming league MVP, I'm kind of disappointed.

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like if Jordan quit the NBA to try to be the best player on the 30 and up basketball league at the YMCA.

I did not even know the thing was finished, I'll probably watch it at some point, where can you get it from?
You can stream it from YouTube, Amazon, Hulu Plus, etc. You can probably watch it for free if you don't currently have Hulu Plus and sign up for a free trial subscription.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Thanks. I kind of figured out what the movie was about from the trailer and I had also read in a few places that it is just a long ad for the APA. However, I would have figured that it would have been about her trying to get away from hustling/gambling and get into the pros. Now that I know that it is about her becoming league MVP, I'm kind of disappointed.

Haha. I could be a little off on that. It's been a while since I watched it. Actually, I think it was more about her winning the trip to Vegas, for her team. But still, it's all about the APA. Though her character may have aspirations of being the best player around, or even becoming pro, I seem to remember it being more about her getting away from the gambling, in order to support her APA team.

Overall, not a horrible movie; I've suffered through much worse. Though, it is certainly obvious that the APA put some cash into it.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can stream it from YouTube, Amazon, Hulu Plus, etc. You can probably watch it for free if you don't currently have Hulu Plus and sign up for a free trial subscription.

Thanks, I have Hulu Plus, will take a look for it.

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Quite possibly the worlds worst movie. I never recovered from the total waste of time it was watching it.

BogeyFree

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The movie sucked the big one and the acting was hilariously bad but I enjoyed it nontheless and so will you cos that's why we're all here. Ok I'm off to the Expo now to get my fill for the weekend.

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quite possibly the worlds worst movie. I never recovered from the total waste of time it was watching it.
This is what I'm afraid of. I've tried to watch Barretta's web series "Sharks" and couldn't get through 10 minutes of it. If this movie is anything like "Sharks", I'll really be disappointed.

The movie sucked the big one and the acting was hilariously bad but I enjoyed it nontheless and so will you cos that's why we're all here. Ok I'm off to the Expo now to get my fill for the weekend.
As skeptical as I am, I'll probably give it a shot. It isn't about the $3-$4 because I can sign up for a Hulu Plus free trial subscription, watch it, and cancel the subscription.

I'm not really a snobby film critic when it comes to pool movies. I really enjoyed Efren Reyes' movie "Packners" although the acting wasn't the greatest. If anyone hasn't seen "Packners", I'd recommend watching it. You can find the full movie on YouTube for free.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I heard it was shot on RED, not a home quality camcorder. If Anthony Palma had a budget comparable to The Color of Money, then I think it would've came out better.

I think its on par with other movies of this genre; Poolhall Junkies, Baltimore Bullet and The Baron and the Kid.

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just started watching it. I'll let everyone know what I think when it's over.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
No, cannot think of a single reason why I ever will.

If I want to see a well made movie, there's tons to choose from, if I want to see good pool I'll go to my home room and play the owner, if I have time to waste I'll wash my car.

Generally, supporting poor quality will yield more poor quality. Demanding high quality will, eventually, yield high quality. IMO

J

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member

I won't go quite that far, but it's probably in at least the "honorable mention" category.
However, as a pool player I felt sorta obligated to watch it and as an APA player I felt sotra obligated to purchase the disc, so I did now I can watch it whenever I want!
Anyways. if you truly want to see the worst movie ever, try to find these:

The Oblong Box,
Microwave Massacre
Trouble in Mind

As bad movies go, any of those are light years beyond "9-Ball, The Movie"

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I won't go quite that far, but it's probably in at least the "honorable mention" category.
However, as a pool player I felt sorta obligated to watch it and as an APA player I felt sotra obligated to purchase the disc, so I did now I can watch it whenever I want!
Anyways. if you truly want to see the worst movie ever, try to find these:

The Oblong Box,
Microwave Massacre
Trouble in Mind

As bad movies go, any of those are light years beyond "9-Ball, The Movie"

I think Trolls (3?) was nominated as the worst movie ever. There was even a documentary on the star, it was that bad that they had another movie to talk to the people that were in it to figure out why it was so bad LOL

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, Hulu is not blocked at work, signed in, and there it was. I guess as good of a lunch movie as any for today! So far, the intro music is a 7 or 10 for me, so a good start :smile:

4 minute update. Holy Bajeezus that's bad! I now wish the into music ran a bit longer. Best actor so far is the 10 yr old girl.

Last edited: