Cues used in "The Color of Money"?

Zeek

Cue Freek
Silver Member
OK, I know the "Balabushka" was actually a Joss. But there were other cues used later by Vincent and Julian at the tournament.

When Eddie and Julian are playing each other. They show Eddie break and leave the 1/9 combo in the jaws. Then the balls are raked in by a cue that has horseshoe inlays in the butt sleeve. I assume this to be Julians' stick. What is it?

When Vincent and Eddie are playing, right before Vincent takes the jump shot, you see him chalking up and can see the whole cue that appears to have overlapping playing cards or something on the butt sleeve. Any ideas?

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
way to go, now i have to get the movie out and watch it even though its 2:00 AM.........lol

MattS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zeek I know exactly what your talking about and I have wondered the same thing. I hope you get an answer. it wouldnt suprise me if they were custom Joss cues

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
While I have not watched the film THAT close, I know Mr. McDermott gave the company 80 cues to do with what they wanted. That might explain the card cue or the ivory jointed looking thing. The only one I noticed in the film, was the C-3 that Forrest Whittaker used to bust Newman with.

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
Maybe we can get JAM to chime in on this. Keith would know if anybody does.

Dan Joss

Registered
All the cues used in The Color of Money were Joss Cues.
The horse shoe cue, the card cue, Both cues used at the end of the movie by PN and TC were Joss Cues.
As were the house cues used in the early bar scene.
As I try to remember back there may have been one cue not a Joss but I would have to look at the movie again.
Something for the pool dectives to do find the cue not Joss. I'll try and look at it again in the next week or two and I'll post back telling you who played with it.

Dan
Joss Cues ltd

HDR10

HR Custom Cues
Silver Member
Dan oughta know

Dan Joss said:
The horse shoe cue, the card cue, Both cues used at the end of the movie by PN and TC were Joss Cues.
As I try to remember back there may have been one cue not a Joss but I would have to look at the movie again.
Something for the pool dectives to do find the cue not Joss. I'll try and look at it again in the next week or two and I'll post back telling you who played with it.

Dan
Joss Cues ltd
he IS the man to ask!!!Hi Dan How's the Voice?
I know you have been wearing out the phone

Zeek

Cue Freek
Silver Member
Dan Joss said:

Dan
Joss Cues ltd

Thanks for the info Dan. I always wondered if they were Joss Cues as well.

skor

missing shots since 1995
Silver Member
Here is some trivia on that Joss "Balabushka"

In 2002 the "Jordan River Village" was founded in Israel which is "where seriously ill children can just be kids" this place is part of the HITW that was started by Paul Newman.

To kick start it a public auction took place. Paul Newman donated the original Joss "Balabushka" cue which was signed by him and Tom Cruise and was sold that night for $7000

Last edited:

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
Dan Joss said:

Dan
Joss Cues ltd

Would like to see the rest of that cue. Do you have pics of them you can show?

Purdman

Banned
PROG8R said:
Would like to see the rest of that cue. Do you have pics of them you can show?

Here ya go. One of these is the COM anniversary cue (2nd from left) and the other one is a 60" COM cue (on the right end) made for me by Dan.
Peace, Purdman :)

Last edited:

LoGiC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan Joss said:

Dan
Joss Cues ltd

There was a Schon cue used by Keith's character, Grady Seasons. Thats the only non-joss cue I knew of in the movie.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LoGiC said:
There was a Schon cue used by Keith's character, Grady Seasons. Thats the only non-joss cue I knew of in the movie.
Pretty sure that was his Meucci.

Ric C

Registered
Joss Aces High.

:smile: The cue that Newman was a standard Joss model and the cue that Tom was using at the end of the movie was also a Joss as (Dan from Joss cues stated) and it was called the Aces High. Joss built a limited amount of the Aces High and I have one in deep storage. It is 20 oz's even and has the date 1986 near the joint. The information that I got indirectly was Joss limited the production of the Aces High was partially due to the inlayed cards were very dificult to build and install. The cards are all aces in every suit and duplicated twice. I will be offering this cue for sale on AZ in the near future.

Ric C

Registered
cues used in Color of Money

The cue that TS was using near the end of the movie is called the Aces High and I have one dated 1986. This cue was a limited production model and hard to find. I got mine through a friend of a friend at Joss. Mine weighs 20.0 oz and has two shafts. I will someday put it up for auction on AZ.

Last edited:

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
Ric C said:
The cue that TS was using near the end of the movie is called the Aces High and I have one dated 1986. This cue was a limited production model and hard to find. I got mine through a friend of a friend at Joss. Mine weighs 20.0 oz and has two shafts. I will someday put it up for auction on AZ.

Here goes, but my mind is killing me now. Who is TS; did you mean TC?