Help with opinions about cue on ebay?

The ebay seller states that this cue was made by a local cue maker (in Midland Michigan), but if I did not know, I would bet that it is a very poor quality cheap import (from China).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/292043533083?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

By the way, I understand that it comes with a Pre cat 314 shaft (and I know those are rare, and really great shafts), but I still wonder if the seller could possibly be being honest about the cue being custom made by a local cue maker. I think not, but I am curious to read some other opinions about the cue (other then the pre cat 314 shaft that comes with it).

Thanks, and by the way, you might ask why I think that the cue is a cheaply made Asian import. Well, the reason I think it might be, is that it just appears to be very cheap to me. The 5/16x18 joint pin (very common for cheap Asian cues), and that Meucci style rubber bumper (again, I think very common on many cheaply made Asian imports). And then the finished over wrap. It is like whoever made the cue was trying to copy Meucci, but the cue still looks really cheaply made to me.

I do not know, and maybe I am wrong. I hope that I am not disrespecting the cue maker, if the cue was in fact made by a cue maker in MI.

Thanks for any opinions about the cue.

Last edited:

SugarMan76

Only 1 cuemaker that I know of in the area and he hasn't made a cue in 10 years or more. He only made 1 cue with points and it was his personal player. His also only used a 5/16 - 14 piloted joint pin. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rbrtjs3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask the seller

Did you ask the seller who made the cue? Sounds like he should know.

Did you ask the seller who made the cue? Sounds like he should know.

Yeah, and the seller told me that he does not remember the cue makers full name, but said that Bob is all he could remember. He said that he won it at a tournament around 4 years ago. That cue just looks so cheap to me. Very hard to believe that it was custom made by a US cue maker.

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If everyone were to just stop answering him ...he'll just go away eventually.....he obviously has some serious issues.

4scarecrow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With so many questions, however do you find the time to actually play pool? So much indecision must be f-ing exhausting.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I actually know the maker of this cue. VERY prominent maker in the Michigan area. His name is Denis Deekmon. Phenomenal cuemaker. Makes cues that hit very similar to Southeast cues. This is an absolute STEAL, especially with a pre-cat 314 shaft!!! Those pre cat shafts were pure quality. Little known fact - the reason those pre cat shafts are so desirable is that they were actually made by Dennis Searing.

Buy the cue, Justin. You will LOVE it. Well, for at least a week, anyways.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
You're lucky Justin.
Some guy named "venezuelab" almost beat you to this beauty.
To think that venezuelab was just a payment away from owning this cue.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
With all the buying and selling of random cues... what is your ultimate goal?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PLEASE: 1.Buy a cue. ANY cue 2. Start playing. 3. STOP posting here. At this point 1 out of 3 would be a win, 2+ absolute nirvana.