Workbench for Porper deluxe lathe

9ball101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, I just bought my Porper Deluxe Cue Lathe and Im having trouble finding a workbench to mount in on. Does anyone have any suggestions of workbench's that are under 500 dollars. Thanks Guys.
Chris

Trent

Banned
check harbour frieght, they have some nice ones.

why not build one at a fraction on the cost tho??

or do what i did and buy some tool boxes and put a counter top on them.:thumbup:

have a good one.

Arnot Wadsworth

Senior Cuemaker
Silver Member
I mounted mine so that I can sit and operate the lathe instead of standing all day in one place. A sturdy folding table from office depot might work for you or else an old office desk is very sturdy and inexpensive. You can always build one with 2x6's and 3/4 inch plywood.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, I just bought my Porper Deluxe Cue Lathe and Im having trouble finding a workbench to mount in on. Does anyone have any suggestions of workbench's that are under 500 dollars. Thanks Guys.
Chris
You build one yourself. Google cue maker and shop tour or something like that and get some ideas.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I bought this one for my deluxe HT http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00914644000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1
It is very sturdy and went together well. It's a well designed bench and it holds 500 lbs. Cost is just under $190. Plenty of room underneath for a cabinet or drawer units. I built one for my Atlas benchtop, but it shifts with the moisture in the air and throws off my taperbars every time the seasons change. I had used softer wood (a type of pine from Germany, long story). I recommend if you build one, use hardwoods and a used countertop or butcher block type of top so moisture wont affect it.
Dave

cuemaker03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just built a few benches. You will probably want to go 6 long by 2 feet wide with a shelf underneath which will free up a lot of storage space. Make sure to put it in an area of the shop where you have a few feet of extra space to the left of the headstock.

Attachments

• brew shop porper.jpg
    brew shop porper.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 467

NICECUE317

Registered
I built my own bench for my porper, and enclosed the base installed a furnace blower to create a down draft table. It's a pleasure to work cutting rings or what ever!

yahosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought this one for my deluxe HT http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00914644000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1
It is very sturdy and went together well. It's a well designed bench and it holds 500 lbs. Cost is just under $190. Plenty of room underneath for a cabinet or drawer units. I built one for my Atlas benchtop, but it shifts with the moisture in the air and throws off my taperbars every time the seasons change. I had used softer wood (a type of pine from Germany, long story). I recommend if you build one, use hardwoods and a used countertop or butcher block type of top so moisture wont affect it.
Dave

You are the man! I have been looking for something like this.
thanks,
Josh

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
I just built a few benches. You will probably want to go 6 long by 2 feet wide with a shelf underneath which will free up a lot of storage space. Make sure to put it in an area of the shop where you have a few feet of extra space to the left of the headstock.

With the pile in front of that it seems to be getting a lot of use. :grin:

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think there are some great options posted here, but really, it doesn't take much to build one. Get some ply wood and watch this video....

Marc Spagnuolo is one of the reasons why I got into wood working in the first place.

You can alter the dimensions to fit your needs. I made a version of this table but converted it as a bench in an afternoon. It was fun.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
You are the man! I have been looking for something like this.
thanks,
Josh

Welcome. By the way, make sure you have help to take the box home from Sears, it's about 9ft long and HEAVY! Right now it's on sale.
Dave

DanO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

cribbeecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lathe table

Sam's had a workbench prior to the model with all the drawers that I use with my porper. maple butcher block top, grey powder coated metal framing and legs, heavy duty leg levelers with rubber feet, plenty of room
to install drawers that would meet your specs. I modified mine with locking
casters and added a large power strip on the back ledge to accomadate all needed electrical needs. I am pretty sure it is made by the same company that makes the one with all the drawers. Hope this is some help.
pm me if you need more info. i think i paid 180 for it. cribbeecues

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Went thru a divorce , and this was her dresser . Holds up 300lb lathe just fine . I did paint it .

MVC-010S.jpg

Last edited: