Break Cue

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been waffling between a 21 and a 17. The hit seems better with a 21 but I think I get more spped with the 17. Results, as far as balls sunk on the break, are varied. Quite a few "experts" suggest that a lighter stick than your shooting cue gives more speed. Sorry I couldn't be of help but good luck in your quest. I'll be following this thread closely to see what others think.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a 19 oz break cue and it broke the balls OK.
I removed the 3 oz weight bolt and now it breaks much better.
I think that the cue ball being so light that the quicker speed of the lighter cue propels the cue ball faster.
At least that's how it worked better for me.

janaka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm using a 19 BK2 and the difference for me between mediocre and great breaks is my follow through. When i'm into 'break' mode mentally and actually follow through like a monster (cue 3/4 down table) my break is amazing. If I'm just hitting hard without the big follow through then its 'ok'. Use your body's momentum to help the hit.

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Players jump breaks are a great buy for $79 at AZ sponsor Ozone Billiards. I bought a 21oz from them and ground the weight bolt head flush with the threads, doing so allowed me to put in 2-3 more ounces of weight. I can focus on control at a comfortable 19 ish MPH break speed and get good results. You can play with the weight in it and get it where you like it.

duanet85

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
weight

I once had a jacob heavy hitter which i think was 25 oz, also once had a tiger icebreaker that was 16.8oz. I prefer the lighter break cue myself.

twal

"W"
Silver Member
Go with the Jacoby Heavy hitter.
If you like heavy in the 22 -25 ounce this is it all day long.
The weight if more up front in the forearm and not just just sitting in the butt end cap section.

I have my BK2 and it is maxed out at 21 and for me still not heavy enought. Also in my BK2 the weight is sitting in the end cap.

peter_gunn

])3a]) s']['rok3
Silver Member
I'm using a 19 BK2 and the difference for me between mediocre and great breaks is my follow through. When i'm into 'break' mode mentally and actually follow through like a monster (cue 3/4 down table) my break is amazing. If I'm just hitting hard without the big follow through then its 'ok'. Use your body's momentum to help the hit.

You don't burn your bridge hand? Or maybe you use glove?

I use the perfector :thumbup: