Have You Ever Snapped A Cue ?

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Have you ever broke one of your cues?
I snapped a Meucci about 15 years ago. Never put a scratch on one since but I really don't regret breaking that one.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At least 10 times in my former days! LOL. Reading The Inner Game of Tennis changed my ways like flipping a light switch.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
I, stupidly, let my cue fall to the floor once (Huebler hustler) and it bounced perfectly where it snapped the shaft in half. Boy did I feel like a dumbass that night!

Maestro

In the Zone...
Silver Member
Not one of mine.

Don't know how it happened, but I was playing some pool at a music camp when I was young and my wrists, hands and arms must have been in top form that day because I was standing there talking when I felt like bending my wrist a little and I broke the shaft off of a house cue like it was a twig. Never felt anything, just snapped it. Everyone asked if I had a black belt and I thought it was flattering but a funny question at the time.

I was particularly careful with my hands in my young days so I never explored martial arts until later. Never felt bad about that cue, but grateful it remained in my memory because of the incident and reminded me of these days.

...Just remembered! Yes, I did snap the ferrule right off the cue on the last shot after running the table to illustrate a short house cue I ordered for my mother (she was smaller physically, but a very dynamic and large person spiritually and mentally) as I demonstrated it. I felt so bad that time! I had promised to get her another one, but as it turned out we never did. That's life....

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol I was starting to feel like the "Lone Ranger" after Dub and Mikes post

One night I snapped two of my cues! I broke one shaft while playing after a missed shot. After the session, I calmly walked to my locker, removed my backup cue, and broke it over my knee. I never wanted to play again. loll.

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
Yep. A few. Also tennis and raquetball raquets, golf clubs and even a fishing pole once :embarrassed2: Luckily, I finally grew up.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
One night I snapped two of my cues! I broke one shaft while playing after a missed shot. After the session, I calmly walked to my locker, removed my backup cue, and broke it over my knee. I never wanted to play again. loll.

I used to play at a poolroom that was established back in 1941 with the original Brunswicks and owner. I have seen many cues snapped in that place.
When I broke that Meucci the old man that ran the room and sold me the cue gave me the same speech he gave everyone that broke a cue in the place.
He would say....... Next time you feel like breaking a cue, make sure you hold it down in front of you and break it across your damn head because that's what made you lose lol. We still joke about it among the people that got " the speech"

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member

lol, that's great. For the record, I never broke more than one in each set.:smile:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I harpooned a cuetec into a wall one time . damm thing was friggen bullet prof
MMike

Thers a guy named Dennis that drinks heavy and plays in the bars, he is well known for using his cue like a spear. He used to run a pretty rough bar and there were holes everywhere in the Sheetrock . No telling how many cues he he has broke. Hell of a nice guy though lol

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I harpooned a cuetec into a wall one time . damm thing was friggen bullet prof
MMike

Same thing for me. I threw my cue on the table and it bounced up over the rail and speared a hole in a hollow core door. I just pulled it out and rechalked for more punishment! mad0233.gif

Best,
Mike

Last edited:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
A few shafts for me, the thread should say " who hasn't broke a cue" lol.
-
Rob.M

RG1

Banned
I was playing some guy a few months ago that snapped his cue over his knee. It was just a fun game too and no betting involved lol. I guess he was having a bad day?

evanlockhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Broke with my playing cue and snapped the ferrule completely off. I think I had the cue for two years...it was a Lucasi LD shaft.

I actually thought it was salvageable and the look on the cue repair man's face when I brought it to him was priceless, lol.

Until I saw that thread on here recently..

oshua86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lets see, I've broken shafts, ferrules, butts, once I hit my cue so hard against the table that the metal joint BENT. I used to have a really bad temper for some reason playing pool. After I broke my last expensive predator, I bought one more and promised myself I would never get mad again and would be a gentleman everytime I played... So far 6 months and counting :).

One thing that helped me was a player once told me "don't worry the sun will still come up tomorrow".