Got lucky in a charity event raffle

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saturday my son and I played in a fundraiser for Autism, we were 1.5 hrs late due to SAT test but they were nice enough to let up join anyway. Both our teams lost the first match, and had to play each-other the first losers side LOL.

No so lucky.

I did have him enter in a raffle while I was playing my match, he put in $20.

Turned out that raffle ticket won me a Lomax cue that was valued at $2,000 :eek::dance:

The issue now is sell it and fund a trip to SBE, or keep it since it's the top value cue we have right now, and for some reason my wife even likes it. 1st world problems I know.

This is the 4th cue I have won, although the other 3 were a lot cheaper break/jump cues, and probably the 6th prize I won in charity raffles at tournaments.

The charity tournament and the raffles they had raised just over $10,000, had at least 91 players and 3 full pool tables of raffle baskets and 3 cues. I wish I rememebered the person that go the cue donations to give him a plug I am pretty sure he is a member on here.

Attachments

• 20171007_163459.jpg
    20171007_163459.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 526
  • 20171007_163236.jpg
    20171007_163236.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 520
  • 20171007_160144.jpg
    20171007_160144.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 520

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I can say is the sbe is possibly the best pool tournament in the world there's multiple amatuer tournaments a second chance tournament some ladies tournaments and pro tournaments not to mention non stop action at 5/10/20/+++ all day n night til the last day when they literally have to kick people out. Plus there's tons of vendors and just too man things to list available to buy or just browse at. What I'm getting at is id go with the expo.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Have someone do a Facebook raffle to get the maximum price for it, it won't sell for nearly so much cash. Go to SBE since you won't play with the cue.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Tables

Sweet! A room full of centennial tables! We need more pic of this room!
Nice score in the raffle.

Rob.M

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet! A room full of centennial tables! We need more pic of this room!
Nice score in the raffle.

Rob.M

Yes that is a pretty nice room, if it was closer I'd probably play there more, but I end up going there only for the charity events right now. They have about half of the place 7 ft Valleys but those are in good shape also. Outside of the worse ball sets and of course size, they are as nicely setup as the 9 footers.

woodyosborne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
keep the cue. you WILL find the money to go to SBE. if you sell the cue you'll always regret it. glad i'm writing this. talking myself into not sell a 3K fly reel(baby hermann) I won also in a raffle.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
keep the cue. you WILL find the money to go to SBE. if you sell the cue you'll always regret it. glad i'm writing this. talking myself into not sell a 3K fly reel(baby hermann) I won also in a raffle.

Yes, we pretty much decided to keep it and selling off a couple of his and mine older cues.

I took a picture of all the cues we collected over the years

Attachments

• 20171010_190551.jpg
    20171010_190551.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 128