playing horrible this week.

rrich1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what it is but I cannot play for anything this week. I had my table set up this week and it seems like every long shot, cut, or whatever is a good 4 inches off. Had league on wed. and I missed the 8 at least 4 times and lost my match :angry:

Not sure what it is but hopefully i get out of this rut. I am better than this and am missing slight cut shots that are almost straight in and dont know why. :angry:

Anybody else have one of these days or weeks?? :frown:

disclaimer: my table plays great and couldn't be happier with it. :smile:

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was playing horrible 2 weeks ago, so I changed up my practice sessions from general ball banging back to general drills--especially drilling on the shots I had missed the week before.

I also changed my attitude about practice. You know that intensity you get while playing the Ghost? where you finally recognize it is not the length of the run that counts, but the completion of the run with the last ball that counts? This is the kind of intensity you need to create and bring forward durring practice.

Practice as you expect to play. Full PSR: think about table position, compare shot options, compare shot outcomes, pick best shot, get down and then execute to perfection.

I was significantly better this week.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not sure what it is but I cannot play for anything this week. I had my table set up this week and it seems like every long shot, cut, or whatever is a good 4 inches off. Had league on wed. and I missed the 8 at least 4 times and lost my match :angry:

Not sure what it is but hopefully i get out of this rut. I am better than this and am missing slight cut shots that are almost straight in and dont know why. :angry:

Wierd things with the eyes sometimes when a shot is just off straight in. When I'm having trouble seeing angles I walk around to the back side of the object ball(opposite the pocket) and lock on the spot I want to hit the object ball. I keep my eye on that spot and hit it when I shoot regardless of how wrong it looks. This is also how I shoot "reverse angle" shots.

Hu

ronscuba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This would be better answered by an instructor.

However, what works for me when stuff like this happens, is to be more deliberate with my fundamentals. Take my time, focus and commit to making the shot.

I tend to get lazy and certain repeatable flaws creep into my stroke. Sometimes I can get away with it, other times I can't and it can quickly get worse. I am still at the level where I need to make a conscious effort to stay focused and concentrate.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
This would be better answered by an instructor.

However, what works for me when stuff like this happens, is to be more deliberate with my fundamentals. Take my time, focus and commit to making the shot.

I tend to get lazy and certain repeatable flaws creep into my stroke. Sometimes I can get away with it, other times I can't and it can quickly get worse. I am still at the level where I need to make a conscious effort to stay focused and concentrate.

Hard to answer about something we have not seen.

The problem has to be either:
Physical
Mental
Psychological

Break each item down and the answer will appear.

I would start with a stroke analysis then move to his PSR's.

After his PSR's there's only two ways to miss a shot. Alignment or Delivery.

randyg

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'd suggest trying the call Geno phone lesson. Helped me get my psr back on track.

rich337

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i know how you feel for some reason i have these problems also

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know why and i will help..........

Hi there rrich1,

The reason the shots are missing is your eyes are in just a little bit of the wrong position. Your dominant eye is trying to work as the dominant eye and it is really hard to tell unless you understand how to correct it.

I'm doing this for free here on the forum for azers. I teach what is called Perfect aim. I've given about 120 lessons on here with amazing results for every single one.

Just give me a call and i will help you figure this out.

It will take about 15 to 30 minutes to do this. Once you learn this you will know how to correct your aim.

Give me a call and be by a pool table.

Talk to you soon. 715-563-8712 geno.......

rrich1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi there rrich1,

The reason the shots are missing is your eyes are in just a little bit of the wrong position. Your dominant eye is trying to work as the dominant eye and it is really hard to tell unless you understand how to correct it.

I'm doing this for free here on the forum for azers. I teach what is called Perfect aim. I've given about 120 lessons on here with amazing results for every single one.

Just give me a call and i will help you figure this out.

It will take about 15 to 30 minutes to do this. Once you learn this you will know how to correct your aim.

Give me a call and be by a pool table.

Talk to you soon. 715-563-8712 geno.......

thank you for the help. ill give you a call on monday :smile: