27+14 ? Rules

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way it stands is the way it ought to be. I've never heard of another sport where a concession comes from the referee/umpire.

Why do you think the rule should be changed?
Is it to save time or for another reason.

Lan

Who said that concession comes from the referee ?

We have to have one and only one cleared rules to make it to olympics . THey ask billiards to meet the wanted standards by thier committee .
We can make it there , surely .

Lan

Registered
If it were turned into a hard fast rule, then it would not be up to the player anymore. It would be up to the referee.

drsnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're one friendly character Adibon....

WPBSA = official rules. If you want the rules changed you need to talk to them.
Amateur tournament directors (such as the US championship) may create by-laws for whatever they please.

Do you really want us to believe that the IOC has contacted you regarding making snooker an olympic sport and all they care about is when the frame is over? Nothing about the miss rule or anything, right?

Whatever.... The rules are great as they stand. You have a H3LL no vote from me.

Last edited:

Wity

Banned
If the Olympic committee wanted to introduce snooker there'd be no hassle over the rules, surely they'd simply play by the official rules or make up some other and call the game something else.

I'd imagine if it were included it would be a farce. Many a top player would not be interested, they are professionals earning their living from the game so the time and expense to enter a competition offering the grand prize of a coloured alloy disc and a ribbon totally pointless. Undoubtedly you'd see some enter but not many, kinda like when they had tennis included.

Amatures too have their own world championship with the standard of play obviously being far lower again i'd expect few amatures would bother entering when faced with playing pros almost certain of winning.

So who would walk away with a gold? A 23 stone beer guzzling old fart like me having got to the final by luck and faced with John Higgins who'd take a dive no doubt. :D

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're one friendly character Adibon....

WPBSA = official rules. If you want the rules changed you need to talk to them.
Amateur tournament directors (such as the US championship) may create by-laws for whatever they please.

Do you really want us to believe that the IOC has contacted you regarding making snooker an olympic sport and all they care about is when the frame is over? Nothing about the miss rule or anything, right?

Whatever.... The rules are great as they stand. You have a H3LL no vote from me.

I told you to go play ball but not billiards , did i not ?
I told you not to refer me to wpbsa(known as world snooker but nothing about billiards there) or ibsf or any one else calling themselves BIILLIARDS . Did i not ?
I told you IOC contackted me ? When or where did i say that ?
I told you not to insult billiard players nor the game . Did i not ?
I told you IOC cares about many things including the rules . Did i not ?
I told you billiards got so close to make it to olympics just a few years ago . Did i not ?
I tell you foul&a miss will not be apllied in next snooker match ( 6 reds ) .
I tell you not to use words like H3LL because you will get more than one .
I tell you to have your vote but remember you may change your mind .

adibon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the Olympic committee wanted to introduce snooker there'd be no hassle over the rules, surely they'd simply play by the official rules or make up some other and call the game something else.

I'd imagine if it were included it would be a farce. Many a top player would not be interested, they are professionals earning their living from the game so the time and expense to enter a competition offering the grand prize of a coloured alloy disc and a ribbon totally pointless. Undoubtedly you'd see some enter but not many, kinda like when they had tennis included.

Amatures too have their own world championship with the standard of play obviously being far lower again i'd expect few amatures would bother entering when faced with playing pros almost certain of winning.

So who would walk away with a gold? A 23 stone beer guzzling old fart like me having got to the final by luck and faced with John Higgins who'd take a dive no doubt. :D

Your predictions may come true . Remember , i just say : may