SVB break tip

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know what tip SVB uses on his break cue?

When I saw him most recently at the US Open 10 ball and 8 ball, he had a red tip that looked like a Taom (but I suppose could also be a Zento). At the USBTC he wasn't using his break cue from what little I saw.

KMRUNOUT

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol no he doesn't. He breaks with a cuetec break cue.

In every match I've seen that I can think of, he breaks with his playing cue. Maybe he sometimes uses a break cue, but if he does at all, it's rare.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In every match I've seen that I can think of, he breaks with his playing cue. Maybe he sometimes uses a break cue, but if he does at all, it's rare.

When he was shooting with his black cuetec play cue it would be very hard to tell the difference. This is just off the top of my head but I'd say it's the other way around re "it's rare".

I'm geeky enough to pay attention to what ball set is being used, and what style cue the players are shooting with. Heck I try to see what kind of chalk is being used.

But old enough to know I could be wrong.

MrPoolZen

Rack Em!
Silver Member
SVB Break Tip

Hope this answers any questions about Shane's break tip of choice.

I attended the BCA at the Rio here in Las Vegas two months ago in July. I was
talking with Joe Blackburn and getting some work done on my tips when Shane
walks up to Joe and asks him to install two Taom tips on his two different shafts
for his Cuetec Break cue.

Joe asked Shane what his preference was on color and Shane said "doesn't matter'
and Joe offered red on one and blue on the other and Shane agreed.

Of course, depending on his mood, Shane will break with his playing cue, often.

Chad