Large favor I owe cuemaker Chuck Starkey

Dhakala

Banned
AlexB said:
I have no intention or desire to get into a childish name calling contest with you. To do so would be futile and more than likely unrecognisable by you. However, the above response more than adequately confirmed my earlier observation and substantiated my point. I have no need to continue this, so have a great evening. As to who is your Honey Bunch, I would suggest it is Mary Palm and her 5 sisters. G'day, Sir.

<munch, munch... BURP!> Now I understand why so many F. A. N.s follow my posts so avidly, even while pretending to despise them. This sort of thing goes great with popcorn!

Cuebacca

________
Silver Member
Dhakala said:
Child, multiple eBay IDs are not commonly used to deceive sellers.

Who said your way of thinking was common?

Dhakala said:
Indeed, eBay employs over 1000 staffers to ensure that such things happen very rarely.

Multiple IDs are used by sellers to establish separate brands for different product lines. They are used by buyers to confound the prying eyes of standers-by, like my F. A. N. club; to conceal from sellers their interests in similar items; to compartmentalize purchases by type; to purchase surprise presents for loved ones without loved ones learning of it; and for many other legitimate reasons.

Yes, no argument here.

Dhakala said:
My point is that no one but eBay knows all of my member IDs, so it is impossible to add me to a block list with 100% certainty. I have no idea which eBay seller IDs belong to members of my F. A. N. club, so if I bid upon one their cues and win it, it won't be through deception.

Oh, no, you would never try to deceive someone. Of course not.

Dhakala

Banned
Cuebacca said:
Oh, no, you would never try to deceive someone. Of course not.

In the 1981 movie, Thief, cat burglar James Caan asks his mentor, Willie Nelson, if he should tell his new girlfriend the truth about his career. Willie advises Caan,

"Lie to no one. If it's someone you care about, you'll only mess things up by lying. And if it's strangers, who the f*** are they that you should lie?"

Not all the members of my F. A. N. club together are worth the karma of one lie to me. :p

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dhakala said:
In the 1981 movie, Thief, cat burglar James Caan asks his mentor, Willie Nelson, if he should tell his new girlfriend the truth about his career. Willie advises Caan,

"Lie to no one. If it's someone you care about, you'll only mess things up by lying. And if it's strangers, who the f*** are they that you should lie?"

Not all the members of my F. A. N. club together are worth the karma of one lie to me. :p

Do you gamble at Pool?

Fred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet Jesus!
Nine pages of this.
Everytime i see Dhakala, I'm reminded of the sound I make when I clear phlem from my throat.
Justin Nuder

Dhakala

Banned
Fred said:
Sweet Jesus!
Nine pages of this.
Everytime i see Dhakala, I'm reminded of the sound I make when I clear phlem from my throat.
Justin Nuder

I didn't know you coughed opera, Justin! :p

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dhakala said:
PM me with this stuff, Jay. The thread is about Chuck Starkey.

My preference is to make our discussion public. This thread started off one place and went to many others. And now we talk a little about playing Pool for money. I don't play much anymore, do you?

Charlie Edwards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the Starkey cue that you are complaining about that you bought 8-2-06 through eBay was so bad, why did you leave him positive feed back on 9-12-06? Were you just trying to be nice? Here is the feed back you left:

"(cue) Easily worth $700! Hits like a 1-piece, AAA materials, Won 19-0 1st session!"

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Eight-fold path in Buddhism

For those followers of this thread who might be interested in a Buddhist perspective, please allow me to give the definition of "right speech," one of the eight elements of the Buddhist Eight-fold path.

Buddha explained right speech as follows:
1. to abstain from false speech, especially not to tell deliberate lies and not to speak deceitfully,
2. to abstain from slanderous speech and not to use words maliciously against others,
3. to abstain from harsh words that offend or hurt others, and
4. to abstain from idle chatter that lacks purpose or depth.

IMHO, strict adherence to the precept of right speech would not have permitted this thread to exist. Oh, and that includes THIS POST.:D

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Oy-Vey !

BillPorter said:
For those followers of this thread who might be interested in a Buddhist perspective, please allow me to give the definition of "right speech," one of the eight elements of the Buddhist Eight-fold path.

Buddha explained right speech as follows:
1. to abstain from false speech, especially not to tell deliberate lies and not to speak deceitfully,
2. to abstain from slanderous speech and not to use words maliciously against others,
3. to abstain from harsh words that offend or hurt others, and
4. to abstain from idle chatter that lacks purpose or depth.

IMHO, strict adherence to the precept of right speech would not have permitted this thread to exist. Oh, and that includes THIS POST.:D

Jesus ! If I had to follow those rules, I'd never be allowed to speak. I think I'll stick to being a WASP.

Doug

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the same problem

Smorgass Bored said:
Jesus ! If I had to follow those rules, I'd never be allowed to speak. I think I'll stick to being a WASP.

Doug
Seriously, when I look at my speech (which includes my writing) from the Buddhist perspective on right speech, way over 90% of it should go unsaid/unwritten. My continuing blathering is evidence of my lack of enlightenment!:) Maybe a Buddhist discussion forum is an oxymoron? Here's a guilty admission: I have read every post in this absurd thread! Do I need to get a life or what?!

MrLucky

Pool Fanatic!!
Silver Member
Good analysis...

BillPorter said:
Seriously, when I look at my speech (which includes my writing) from the Buddhist perspective on right speech, way over 90% of it should go unsaid/unwritten. My continuing blathering is evidence of my lack of enlightenment!:) Maybe a Buddhist discussion forum is an oxymoron? Here's a guilty admission: I have read every post in this absurd thread! Do I need to get a life or what?!

On both thoughts!!! :D

Glenn Deneweth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong...

I think you are driving over the line here David. The issues were the sugar stain in the handle and the misrepresentation of the 314 shaft. It is unfair for you to drag another cuemakers name into this with his comments. If I were that other cuemaker, I would sever communication and business with you immediately, unless of course you asked for his permission to use his comments.

Glenn