Homemade Ball Polisher

Manoman2444

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whats is the best glue or epoxy to use for around the top of the bucket ( I will be using the velcro), that will also be used on back of the carpet and the back of the velcro? Thanks in advance.

daimion

Something Clever...
Silver Member
i used a 5 gallon home depot pain bucket a ryobi orbital buffer 6 tie wraps a small battery powered dremmel tool. 2 inch wide velcro. i used a heat gun to melt the adhesive of the velcro to the carpeting. and rolled it up tight. then put it inside the bucket and slowly unraveled it while pressing it onto the other half of the velcro. here is a completed image.

Attachments

• my attempt.JPG
    my attempt.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 777

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I used contact cement to glue the rug to the bucket. I sticks well but you can peel it off when it gets time to change it. Great ball polisher.

Kim

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Mine is not glued down either, I use a whole bunch of binder clips circling the rim of the bucket. I have 4" wide velcro that I was going to use, but clips works just as good.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-27 at 2.15.00 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-04-27 at 2.15.00 PM.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 642

Manoman2444

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine is not glued down either, I use a whole bunch of binder clips circling the rim of the bucket. I have 4" wide velcro that I was going to use, but clips works just as good.

Good idea, never thought of those! Thanks.

cuemaker03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i used a 5 gallon home depot pain bucket a ryobi orbital buffer 6 tie wraps a small battery powered dremmel tool. 2 inch wide velcro. i used a heat gun to melt the adhesive of the velcro to the carpeting. and rolled it up tight. then put it inside the bucket and slowly unraveled it while pressing it onto the other half of the velcro. here is a completed image.

Nice looking ball cleaner.

henho

I Beat Fidelshnitzer
Silver Member
.........................................................................................

Last edited:

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi guys,
I have made, and sold about 100 of these since 2005 and I use 2 sided carpet tape to hold the carpet to the bucket.....works great.

I also use indoor outdoor carpet.....shines the balls better IMO.

Do a search with my name and you can see the process I used. I just might be the first dude to make one of these?

link>>> http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=26463&highlight=home+made

man, I can't believe it has been like 7 years!

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I just repaired my bucket polisher because the carpet around the edge of the top of the bucket had come unglued. I took the easy and lazy approach of just using the fuzzy side of a strip of industrial grade velcro to line the top with. It works just fine and no more worry about messing with glue.