Doing work for Pool Halls

QuickEdward

Silver Member
I'd like to hear how the rest of you market and price your services to pool halls. Also, do any of you do work for Amusement companies?

For example... How would you market/price your services to a pool hall that needs eight (8) nine-ft tables recovered once a year and 20 bar boxes recovered twice a year?

Thanks,

QuickEdward

scottp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to hear how the rest of you market and price your services to pool halls. Also, do any of you do work for Amusement companies?

For example... How would you market/price your services to a pool hall that needs eight (8) nine-ft tables recovered once a year and 20 bar boxes recovered twice a year?

Thanks,

QuickEdward

in nashville comercial buisness was hard .......
i used to do a place called snookers in nashville they had 20 8' GCIII's
using championship titan cloth it was 165.00 a table
simonis was an extra 100.00(of course this was a few years ago)
i recovered them once a year.....

in 93 when i started vending companys 7 bar boxes were 125.00 a piece

in relation home 7' were 195.00 and home 8' were 225.00

but places like JOB"s would take the lowest bid they were paying 50-60 labor on their tables(i never got their work because i wouldn't work that cheap) i did give them bids but someone always underbid me.....

i hope this helped some
scott

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Thanks,

QuickEdward

Market you labor separate from the material cost, and you'll do better. When I recover a table I always quote the labor...plus material cost. When you add them together, that's when you get out bid. I can't give you my prices because I don't live in your area, but if I was passing through your area, I'd still charge "my" labor rate, reguardless of where I am, or I'd pass up the work.

Glen

PS. To answer your question though, 8 9fts....first 7 $200 each, last one just their cost of cloth.

20 bar tables, $125 labor each of they're of the Valley style and not the Diamonds, first 9 at $125 each, then the 10th for their cost of cloth only. And they buy the cloth before hand.

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
Market you labor separate from the material cost, and you'll do better. When I recover a table I always quote the labor...plus material cost. When you add them together, that's when you get out bid. I can't give you my prices because I don't live in your area, but if I was passing through your area, I'd still charge "my" labor rate, reguardless of where I am, or I'd pass up the work.

Glen

PS. To answer your question though, 8 9fts....first 7 $200 each, last one just their cost of cloth.

20 bar tables, $125 labor each of they're of the Valley style and not the Diamonds, first 9 at $125 each, then the 10th for their cost of cloth only. And they buy the cloth before hand.

I took me a while to get use to Glen's idea, but I use it now and see the benefits. I won't post my commercial prices online because there different from residential. Your going to have to be good to get Glen price. Some of the mecanics in my are whorring themselves out for $75 a table.

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
The hard part is educating the consumer on what there getting for that low price and what problems will show up..

Glen did a post I have to search for it or he emailed it to me on 13+ questions of what not to do or use on a table he gave it to all the bar owners to see who would switch and most did.

I do something similar + I have a portfolio of alot of picture's of my work and a few from other's for reference on the good and the bad.

A letter of the 13 don'ts and picture's of what is right I get alot more request's for table work by this word of mouth. People ask me questions I pull out 30-50 picture's and let them look at it for awhile then ask questions less explaining and more finger pointing at what they want.

I was blown away at the responses I got even from other mechanics saying I dont do that it's to hard, time conssuming or flat out don't know how to do it.

There are people out there do tables for bar tabs, $50 profit, etc. One guy broke his leg moving a coin op for $150 told the customer to call me and i would do it for the same price... I told them $450 and he thought I was joking.. I said are there stairs its an extra $100. he said yes but i'm not paying that he already paid 150 to the other guy and felt I should do it for free or something close to that.

Craig