2020 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...snip...
No audio. YouTube blocked the first upload due to my music.
...snip...

I'm not certain of this, but I "think" if you use a YouTube as a radio and as your background music (while you are playing) then when you upload it (with said songs as part of your video), it somehow knows it was already from YouTube and does not mess up your sound. I will try it later and post back.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Video

Lost 1-7, regular 9 ball. BUT, on this one I decided to really use this projector system, and mark the layout of each rack. I have them saved, and will practice each rack a bunch of times and see how/if I improve. Each rack was definitely a nice spread.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Video

Lost 1-7, regular 9 ball. BUT, on this one I decided to really use this projector system, and mark the layout of each rack. I have them saved, and will practice each rack a bunch of times and see how/if I improve. Each rack was definitely a nice spread.

I love this idea. I’ve done it for 8 and 9 ball racks that were runnable off the break. I had to use donuts though so I could only do one layout at a time.

sgengaro86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lost 5-7 and 6-7 versus the 6 ball ghost. 9’ Olhausen. Damn. Close twice. This is harder than I expected.

At what score in ghost 6 ball do people move to 9 ball? I ,a thinking if o start winning 7-2, 7-3 consistently I move to 9 ball. Thoughts?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lost 5-7 and 6-7 versus the 6 ball ghost. 9’ Olhausen. Damn. Close twice. This is harder than I expected.

At what score in ghost 6 ball do people move to 9 ball? I ,a thinking if o start winning 7-2, 7-3 consistently I move to 9 ball. Thoughts?

Instead of having the goal of reaching 9 ball, have the goal of 15 ball rotation (AR).

Sure, we have to progress slowly but, don't get hung up on 9 ball.

Anyways, I recommend adding one ball at a time to the 6 ball rack until you are playing AR. Do it in this manner: you defeat the 6 ball ghost for a week or so str8, add a ball....a week, month etc...etc later, add another ball to rack...and so on...until your playing with all 15.

After reaching the level of beating the AR ghost...well, then you can give "us" advice....:grin-square:

You don't have to play rotation all the time. Switch back and forth from AR and 14.1. IMO, it's the perfect mix of skills to become the best rotation player possible.

I would mention 1hole but, it's a different mindset and should be approached with caution..

Jeff

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 5-7 loss versus 10-Ball PRO-Ghost.
https://youtu.be/lUzDqcFVH30

I already told about this match earlier but I did not have time to upload it. I was installing Diamond tables all over Finland.
After that I had 8- 10-Ball Finnish Champs. I lost to event winner Petri Makkonen. He made 4 balls on every 10-ball break and played TPA 1k match so 8-0 out and 9th place. Around 140 players.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

We might be about the same speed, that's about what I can score on the 6 ball ghost. I'd move right to the 9 ball ghost. Even if you don't beat it, so what? Trust me, only really good players beat it "consistently". We used to bet against the best local players in ghost ahead sets, and the ghost would torture them. It took a regional level player to beat the ghost in an ahead set.

I probably played the 9 ball ghost and filmed it 100 sets. I think I only beat it 4 times. Those 4 times I felt were some of my best pool accomplishment:)

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
6-7 loss against the 10-ball ghost.

https://youtu.be/hNL2IaDwetM

Man this set was brutal. I had a great start and was up 6-1, then the wheels kind of fell off. It started with a scratch into the side from a really shallow angle, which I didn’t expect, then things snowballed and I started making more and more mistakes. Would’ve been nice to close it out at 7-1 though. It would’ve been a new personal best for me.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Decided to give the ghost a try for the first time in a while. 3 sets on a 7' Diamond

L 1-7
L 4-7
L 5-7

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
New table in the basement, last nights results against 9 Ball Ghost

Set 1: Lost 5-7

Set 2: Won-7-6

Will try to get some video - looking at GoPros.

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried first time one handed 8-ball ghost and it was fun even I lost like a toast.
I did shoot crazy racks and missed 8 many times. Finally I made one run out and I was ready to go home! :D

Decided to upload it for fun. I might put couple tries up later because so cool shots :D

One handed 8-ball run out here:
https://youtu.be/rkCnCJZmBhg

sgengaro86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beat the 6-ball ghost twice yesterday, 7-6 and 7-4 on Olhausen 9' table.
I moved on to 9-ball and lost 3.
I really like this thread because it forces me to focus when I practice!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Decided to give the ghost a try for the first time in a while. 3 sets on a 7' Diamond

L 1-7
L 4-7
L 5-7

Good to see you back at it.

New table in the basement, last nights results against 9 Ball Ghost

Set 1: Lost 5-7

Set 2: Won-7-6

Will try to get some video - looking at GoPros.

Way to go, thanks for joining our challenge.

Beat the 6-ball ghost twice yesterday, 7-6 and 7-4 on Olhausen 9' table.
I moved on to 9-ball and lost 3.
I really like this thread because it forces me to focus when I practice!

Good work beating the 6 ball. We look forward to the 9 ball win:)