Question about the 14.1 World Event starting tomorrow

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in Westchester County which is just a bit north of NYC and wanted to go down to Steinway Billiards to check out the action as some people have said that you can learn a lot by just watching the pros play.

Are spectators allowed in? How much is the fee? When should I arrive?

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
If I may ... I'd like to add one question to the topic. I'm not too far either. But ... Hows the parking, I hear its nonexistent.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
On their web site they just have the price of the 2015, though I imagine it is similar.

Here is 2015 prices: 2015 ticket prices

Per Session $18 (2 sessions per day) Monday - Saturday
FINALS $25 (1 session) Sunday

All tickets can be purchased at the door Doors Open 30 min prior to the first play of each session

Attachments

• Screenshot (47).png
    Screenshot (47).png
    176.2 KB · Views: 402
  • Screenshot (48).jpg
    Screenshot (48).jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 484
  • Screenshot (49).png
    Screenshot (49).png
    167.7 KB · Views: 399

Dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I may ... I'd like to add one question to the topic. I'm not too far either. But ... Hows the parking, I hear its nonexistent.
There's on street parking with meters. It's not too difficult to find a space, but you'll be feeding the meter. There's some off street too.
It's not like you're in Manhattan. Astoria is a pretty laid back residential neighborhood, for New York. No high rises. I like spending time there.
Pretty easy to execute on the train>>> Metro North to Penn Station and a half hour subway ride with one change, then a 5 minute walk.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well thanks for finally showing us who is in the event and when it starts. So it looks like they got 48 players (8 groups of 6) instead of the intended 56? No Ortmann again this year, and Joshua Filler did not return. But there are enough top-notch guys that I'm sure we'll have a worthy champion.

Kickoff less than 10 hours from now.