Stinky gloves and gagging a maggot

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could walk into any room that has been in business in TN and it could be empty but spend 2 minutes there and you walk out smelling like ya just finished your 3rd pack of cigs for the morning. So when I get home I often forget about the glove till I want to take it out and shoot some at home then go into this big gagging scene like I watched a maggot eat dying flesh! What do Y'all do to treat them, I haven't washed them in fear it would hurt these fine Chinese specimens that I bought cheap! I have left them out for a few days and that seemed to work, but in the event it doesn't again what have some of you done or do?

Thanks

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
You could walk into any room that has been in business in TN and it could be empty but spend 2 minutes there and you walk out smelling like ya just finished your 3rd pack of cigs for the morning. So when I get home I often forget about the glove till I want to take it out and shoot some at home then go into this big gagging scene like I watched a maggot eat dying flesh! What do Y'all do to treat them, I haven't washed them in fear it would hurt these fine Chinese specimens that I bought cheap! I have left them out for a few days and that seemed to work, but in the event it doesn't again what have some of you done or do?

Thanks

Hand wash with woolite?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
First of all.....you win Thread Title of the Day...:clapping::bow-down::wave2:

...now to the problem solving....
..keep one pristine glove at home..
...keep the other in your trunk...in a cloth bag

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just buy one that stays at home and one that stays in the Case

Eventually they all wear out anyway, so why make a big deal about it.

the traditional KISS

Keep It Simple Stupid

a great way to approach many things in my life,

If it was a Pool Cue, different story but with a glove, KISS

respectfully

mike:thumbup:

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought about the Woolite along with the Febreze but was worried that it might do something strange to the material, but I guess I shouldn't and just wash them gently after tournament day. Thanks for the compliment about the title, my wife says that I am a sick individual cause I always think in these abstract ways, but hey I am a Nam era vet didn't get to go but was trained for it, then spent many years driving a truck so!!!

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Exactly! I buy in bulk and treat them as disposables, just like chalk.

Eventually they all wear out anyway, so why make a big deal about it.

the traditional KISS

Keep It Simple Stupid

a great way to approach many things in my life,

If it was a Pool Cue, different story but with a glove, KISS

respectfully

mike:thumbup:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Have you tried Febreze?

I wouldn't febrese it too much. This shit will keep into your hands and make you sick. Only good for spraying around the house. Not good for constant direct contact to the skin.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ended up soaking for a little while last night and rinsed the dryer so they are much better today, I have ordered 2 more from china and should be here in time for Christmas. I keep the new one's for home and the other 2 for tournament day, but I'll probably keep those in a plastic bag so they wont reek out with the nasty odor.
Thanks for all the input on these, earlier on I tried some real cheap like 10 for 10 bucks that had the fingers sewed close and those really sucked, then saw these mentioned on one pocket. org and ordered one pair. they aren't bad for 10 bucks beats the heck out of 30 or 40 or what ever they are getting at the local shop and probably come off the same production line!

Oh I did notice last night that when I placed them on a towel to first air dry that the color was bleeding off so keep that in mind.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I ended up soaking for a little while last night and rinsed the dryer so they are much better today, I have ordered 2 more from china and should be here in time for Christmas. I keep the new one's for home and the other 2 for tournament day, but I'll probably keep those in a plastic bag so they wont reek out with the nasty odor.

Thanks for all the input on these, earlier on I tried some real cheap like 10 for 10 bucks that had the fingers sewed close and those really sucked, then saw these mentioned on one pocket. org and ordered one pair. they aren't bad for 10 bucks beats the heck out of 30 or 40 or what ever they are getting at the local shop and probably come off the same production line!

Oh I did notice last night that when I placed them on a towel to first air dry that the color was bleeding off so keep that in mind.

There are sheets like dryer sheets that you can put in the wash or hand wash that will soak up the color run off.....this is common with many fabrics, if it’s nylon I believe you can soak it in vinegar and salt to have colors set better....will ask my mother and get back on that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
let me know I have a couple more coming from china so I can rotate them regularly, A glove is kind of like the sock you used when your were a kid but for old guys!