alex pagulayan pool cue

jaycast16

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
his cue weighs 19.2 oz but it feels like 18oz.he said he likes the balance of the cue.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I wonder if constantly switching cues all the time has any effect on the consistency of his game.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if constantly switching cues all the time has any effect on the consistency of his game.
i saw him play Frost in Vegas in that big one pocket match and he played with 2 cues almost every game lol but he got the cash

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex knows what a good playing pool cue is and he doesn't get them for free!

Did you ever have a chance to weigh that Lambors that I was
asking how much it weights without the weight bolt?
Didn't get a reply to my request.

808billiards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe he is playing in a Mezz cue with 900 shaft. I heard thru the grapevine that Mezz is coming out with a Alex Pagulayan cue.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Lol. So we've narrowed it down to:

- Carmeli
- OB
- Mezz
- JD

Pretty much sums up the Indian v arrow thingie.

gr. Dave

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
His main playing cue is an Ariel Carmeli......for definite. He used it during the American 14.1 Championship and is using it during the US Open. I also asked him if he was going to try to qualify for snooker again. He said <scratching backside of head>....I might ;) Could have been the red wine talking tho.

Last edited:

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just goes to show when you are as good as these guys you can play with a mop handle and still win...yes I've seen this happen.:wink:

TwoRailDave

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you happen to know if the shaft on the Carmeli is a conventional shaft or low deflection?

His main playing cue is an Ariel Carmeli......for definite. He used it during the American 14.1 Championship and is using it during the US Open. I also asked him if he was going to try to qualify for snooker again. He said <scratching backside of head>....I might ;) Could have been the red wine talking tho.

TwoRailDave

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't find his switching cues at all odd personally. Everyone points to the similarities between golf and pool. Why not have different cues for different

shots? I switch between my low deflection shaft and standard shaft easily depending on which one I feel like grabbing out of the closet that day. I

have different ways of aiming for each. I think ideally, I would use both in the same match, using the low deflection for longer shots where more

accuracy is required and using the standard shaft for most shots where cue ball is more important. I don't currently do this but if pool were

my profession and it was allowed, I could see this being my approach.