McDermott customer service

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every day I see a thread bashing a cuemaker or the customer service of one place or another so I figured I would post something a little different for a change.

I know some people look down on McDermotts, some people think production cues are junk, and some people swear by custom cues. I've been a fan of McDermott cues for a while and only recently have started emailing them about fixing some stuff for me. Their customer service is absolutely amazing. I'll be the first to admit I don't know (as an FL would say) she yet about cue repair and what can and can't be done. The great people at McDermott ( Especially Jayme ) have put up with what I'm sure are the most amateur questions with quick, precise and friendly replies and I haven't even sent any work their way yet. In my opinion McDermott and OB have the best customer service out of any company I've spoken with inside of pool and out.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I've thought about sending McDermott my old D19 to refinish.
It's in good shape, everything is straight, both shafts, all original, it's just used, and the butt cap has a couple of nicks.
I always hear good things about McDermott's service, and refinish capabilities

I deal with OB quite a bit, and they're just a fine company that is very busy right now.

14.1 Forever

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermitt Customer Service

Every day I see a thread bashing a cuemaker or the customer service of one place or another so I figured I would post something a little different for a change.

I know some people look down on McDermotts, some people think production cues are junk, and some people swear by custom cues. I've been a fan of McDermott cues for a while and only recently have started emailing them about fixing some stuff for me. Their customer service is absolutely amazing. I'll be the first to admit I don't know (as an FL would say) she yet about cue repair and what can and can't be done. The great people at McDermott ( Especially Jayme ) have put up with what I'm sure are the most amateur questions with quick, precise and friendly replies and I haven't even sent any work their way yet. In my opinion McDermott and OB have the best customer service out of any company I've spoken with inside of pool and out.

I totally agree! I have had dealings with both McDermott and OB and their customer service is "absolutely super" : :clapping::clapping::clapping:

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
They have always been top notch to work with, from my experience. A+++ customer service.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Jayme Cernicka is the guy that heads up customer service at McD. The guy is awesome. He goes above and beyond the call of duty. One of the reasons why I still own and play with a McD.

Pleinairrider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im glad you had a positive experience. I think the exclusivity mindset fails to accept that a cue is a simply a machined piece of wood.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermott is a solid cue and company. Back in the days of raffles around here I won a McDermott cue that wasn't straight even though it was brand new in the plastic sleeve. Contacted McDermott and told them exactly how I got the cue and they still took care of it for me. If I had only $200ish to buy a good playing cue I'd grab a plain maple McD cue and be on my way, happily.

fat Albert

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could not agree more. My experiences with Jayme have been the best. Don't be surprised with that D 19 that if it is not beat up you may be advised by Jayme not to refinish but keep it original.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
I've had many of there cues and a mcdermott was my first pool cue. Its all my dad will play with they are great cues and there service is great as well can't go wrong with one :thumbup:

dougster26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could not agree more. My experiences with Jayme have been the best. Don't be surprised with that D 19 that if it is not beat up you may be advised by Jayme not to refinish but keep it original.

I picked up a D-19 and sent it in to be refinished. Of all my cues, this has to be my favorite cue. I wanted it in like new condition, like it is now, and would never think of selling it. In fact, if I could find another one, reasonably, I'd buy it in a heart beat. This is the best of the D series.

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely great customer service from them. Jamie is the guy responsible for making sure things are done right and he's a pleasure to deal with. Way back when I bought my first McDermott cue, the shaft was hard to screw on completely. I called and spoke to Jamie about what to do. He said mail it in to me and we'll fix it and I'm sending you a shipping paid tag so you won't have to pay UPS for shipping. I've been a fan ever since.

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
Thumbs up for McDermott from me, too... Their customer service is competent, responsive, and accountable. Even when just asking questions abut unknown cues, you get an answer quickly.

What more could you ask for from a company?

Personally, I have three different McD's here... A red D-26 which they made to my specs back in '89, a rare Y2K4 model made in 2000 (I found in a pawn shop locally) and a more recent G404 that I bought to try the G-core shaft (which hits great, BTW).

I believe their cues are much better than most give credit.

luke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermott is a top notch cue maker and company. I've got a D4 that plays as good as anything and it's still straight as an arrow.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta agree!
Jamie has even gone to the trouble to identify a cue I bought from a pawnshop from pics sent to him.

* wish I had started this crap earlier *

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Two years ago in Vegas at BCA my wife bought a McDermott from Jayme that was a second..It was $2,000 but she paid $1,000 because of a slight blemish...When we got home I noticed something looked odd so I looked up that model on the McDermott web site...It had a different color wood than the original...I called Jayme and he said, "send it to me and if it's still in good shape I'll give your money back...
He called after receiving cue and said "it's in good shape I'll send you $1000...Well my wife had seen the 2012 cue of the year for $1400 and asked Jayme if we could make a deal on it...He said, "sure"..I'll knock off $200 from the $1400 and give you the $1,000 credit and you give me $200 for the cue..It had 2 shafts, the I-2 and I-3 and he threw in McDermott joint protectors...Just that simple and easy...

I bought a McDermott g405 with the G shaft...The joint didn't quite look right...I sent it back to Jayme and he said they bevel the hard Delrin joints so the sharp edges don't chip..He said this one was a little overdone and he would have it fixed..He said you don't have to take the cue after I fix it and if you want we can build you this model new to fit your specs at no extra charge..
Is this customer service, or what??? Remember, we are not talking about if you like the way McDermott's hit but their customer service..But personally ,I like the way they hit...

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
McDermott Cues and service

Have several McDermott cues and had questions for Jayme as well. Nothing but positive experiences all the way around.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I've thought about sending McDermott my old D19 to refinish.
It's in good shape, everything is straight, both shafts, all original, it's just used, and the butt cap has a couple of nicks.
I always hear good things about McDermott's service, and refinish capabilities

I deal with OB quite a bit, and they're just a fine company that is very busy right now.

McDermott is in my backyard. I just picked a D19 that was pretty used up, I dropped it off by Jayme at McDermott to have it refinished and re-wrapped, it turned out better than expected, it only took 2 weeks. I had a G-core shaft made in case I ever wanted to use the cue for competition, it turns out that the cue hits so dog gone nice it is now my player. I could email some pics if you want to see it. but if you can imagine what it would look like brand new, that is what it looks like. The butt cap was chipped and they were able to clean it up and make it look new. I would have no problem having them refinish any cue for cue.

Last edited: