need help deciding on new case

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am trying to decide between a 2x4 J.B.Mason case and a 2x4 Its George.I presently have an old 1x2 Its George and a 2x4 beat up Instroke so I need a new case.
Love them both but just can't decide
I would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks in Advance

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
I don't think u can go wrong with either but I'd go with a jb my self I like how snug the cues are in the case :thumbup:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I am trying to decide between a 2x4 J.B.Mason case and a 2x4 Its George.I presently have an old 1x2 Its George and a 2x4 beat up Instroke so I need a new case.
Love them both but just can't decide
I would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks in Advance
Give Castillo cases a look!

I love mine and great customer service!

The Castillo shoulder strap is the most comfortable. IMO

Kd

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an old original "It's George" with a Fellini style latch (first generation) 2 X 4 case in black ostrich with a handle only carrying case. The hard case and air tight lid provides both both physical protection and protection from the elements (moisture, etc). I love this case and it has served me well for many years.

Can't go wrong with an it's George case...Tony from Black Boar Cues once told me; "Putting your cue into any other case is like being in a submarine with screened windows".
:thumbup:

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Original it's goerge cases our awesome ... New ones are average at best. The in mason is the choice hands down and it's not close

ronscuba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB Mason is a soft side case vs. It's George hard side case.

Are you looking at an in stock JB Mason or custom ? If you don't mind the soft side and the case is in stock, I would go with the JB. If the JB has to be built, the wait time can be a little unpredictable.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree!

I have an old original "It's George" with a Fellini style latch (first generation) 2 X 4 case in black ostrich with a handle only carrying case. The hard case and air tight lid provides both both physical protection and protection from the elements (moisture, etc). I love this case and it has served me well for many years.

Can't go wrong with an it's George case...Tony from Black Boar Cues once told me; "Putting your cue into any other case is like being in a submarine with screened windows".
:thumbup:

I have the same George Case and I have had it for 19 years, everywhere I go someone wants to buy it. I have sold 5 George Cases and I still see three of the guys that purchased them from me and the are still using them and happy.

Their old school cases, they work great and are very resalable.

If you want something similar, Ron Thomas makes a great case and stands behind his work. He's been making cases for 25yrs and I also use one of his cases too.

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol action cases. as cheap as they get. look good, and are functional. after 25 years of playing with all types of equipment i still will never understand why anyone would want something leather, expensive, and fancy to hold their sticks...

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the replies.
I got a quote for the Brandon Mason 2x4 case for $540.
I can get a new 2x4 Its George in elephant for about $335 shipped free.
I really like the JB better but not sure $200 worth more.
Thanks again

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the same George Case and I have had it for 19 years, everywhere I go someone wants to buy it. I have sold 5 George Cases and I still see three of the guys that purchased them from me and the are still using them and happy.

Their old school cases, they work great and are very resalable.

If you want something similar, Ron Thomas makes a great case and stands behind his work. He's been making cases for 25yrs and I also use one of his cases too.

Again you can't compare the original its George case to what there making now. Brunswick bought them out and it's not near the same quality.

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
JB 2x4 Presige

I have a new Black Lizard GTF Prestige for $350 shipped.

Attachments

• gtf-pl001-2x4-a (2).jpg
    gtf-pl001-2x4-a (2).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not familiar with the JB case but, since I'm so pleased with my GTF case, I thought I'd mention it. It holds the cues very securely and it's bullet proof (but not literally). It's a lot lower in price too. Good luck in your quest for a new case.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Ron,

You have a well made point. if the OP gets the JB Mason, he'll end up with two 2x4 softsides. If he wants to switch to a hard case, then he only has the 1x2 to fallback. Whereas getting the 2x4 It's George, means he have one of each type in 2x4, and can still fallback to the old cases.

FWIW, my daily carry is a 2x4 It's George. I estimate it to be at least 20 years, and think it still looks sharp. I've passed on a couple of original Jay Flowers cases, because they look so beat up.

JB Mason is a soft side case vs. It's George hard side case.

Are you looking at an in stock JB Mason or custom ? If you don't mind the soft side and the case is in stock, I would go with the JB. If the JB has to be built, the wait time can be a little unpredictable.

nitenday

looking for a new cue case?

If I was looking for a GREAT case, I would have CYREX design and

make one fo me. They are simply FINE,FINE,FINE !! Google his name "CYREX".

ktmrider765

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer JB cases imo...if you like the its george case..id go with a GTF myself...i was in same situation at one point between the 2 and went with GTF..it has excellent protection...i got rid of it and now use custom jb 3x6