• Butterfly style

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

travislj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What style case do you prefer and why? What do you see as pros & cons of each? Also I consider the JB rugged series a tube style case even though it don't actually use tubes. Thanks for your input!

Last edited:

Mr Slate

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Silver Member
I've only ever had the tube type but I'd like to have the kind of tubes that the cue fits in both ways. My Joe Porper 4x4 doesn't.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, Im a tube case guy. They provide great protection, and are stronger against crushing type damage. That said, they are several times heavier than options such JBs interiors.

John Bartons Ultrapads are best in class in terms of protecting cues. They pretty much surround the cue in padding, and are very light compared to pvc tubes.

Im a big guy, and dont care about a couple extra pounds. If you are going to be carrying your case from the house to the car, car to the pool hall etc, most people dont complain about the weight of the tubes.

If you are playing tournaments where you are at a venue all day having to walk around a lot while carrying your case, the lighter weight options are a no brainer. :thumbup:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This
46117841775_9c5a88d096_c.jpg

Versus this
32090002287_0718b896bc_b.jpg

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I've got both but I prefer a tube case. My only knock against a butterfly case is that they are more easily accessed if you can lay it down flat, and sometimes there isn't much room around to lay one down flat. Small detail, I understand.

Maniac

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
simple cases, simple cues

thats what i like

Attachments

• MY.jpg
    MY.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 262

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I have both. My 2x4 It's George is my every carry case. 3x6 Jim Murnak butterfly when I want carry more stuff.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tube style. I wish I had my Fellini case black with full quill Ostridge leather. Sold it on Ebay 20 years ago. Wonder what that would be worth today. Sold that along with my 2.0' long focalized walrus penis.

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know they don’t protect as well but I prefer the butterfly just because of weight. I have skinny shoulders and a day of carrying my jack justis and my shoulder was killing me When I played with fancy customs it made me a little nervous but now with just predators in my bag if something happens its simple to replace.