New Diamond Table

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
RJ you dirty dog! I love it. Congrats brother! What size is it? That modified post is a one of a kind no doubt, very cool. It looks heavier than 21 oz’s, you sure it’s not 821 oz’s? ��

Awaiting my invite ��

Kev

7 footer.

Come by anytime. Just let me know when you want to come out and drink a few Sam Adams. Yeah, i'm pretty sure that post might just be 821 OZ . LOL

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Is that the new dymond wood in charcoal or whatever they call the new resin wood? Is that the professional or ProAm? Three piece slate? How did you choose your options?

When I’m ready I’ll also get my table from Larry.

Next flight to Chicago I’m calling you

Jim

Its Black PRC (Phenolic Resin Composite)

Yes, 3-piece slate as it had to go down basement stairs. Actually, the entire table had to be disassembled in the garage, as the basement has a bend in the stairs, and it had to go down piece by piece. It's a Pro-Am.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Very cool! Welcome to the club. That pole is so good you should have charged yourself! You play guitar too?

Thanks. No, my son plays guitar, yeah, you can see his amps. He's in Austria for a semester and I added some posters you can kind of see with his fav guitarists.

Angus, Eddie, Stevie, Jimmy and Randy :)

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
That pole is genius. Is it okay if I steal the idea?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Take it, it''s yours. I saw it on Facebook where a guy painted a basic house cue type design. I thought it was cool, but decided to go full out and copy my exact cue and add the Magic Chalk..

I have a Willie Hoppe Pro Model that was refinished, and I added white linen with green speck to the cue, thus why the post has white linen instead of black leather as they come with. The chalk cube was the hard part. But, I have no artistic talents at all, so it's a lot harder for a guy like me ;) lol

Took a LOT more time that I would have thought it would Measure, tape, let dry, tape again, let dry, etc etc.

Last edited:

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
I remember thinking when you mentioned 'new diamond table', you were a 9ft kind of guy.... Looks like a 7ft to me....unless its the pic or my bad eyes... :D

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I remember thinking when you mentioned 'new diamond table', you were a 9ft kind of guy.... Looks like a 7ft to me....unless its the pic or my bad eyes... :D

Yeah, I was a 9 foot guy.... I just downsized. Smaller house, not enough room for a 9 footer in the new house. I left the 9 footer at my old house. The old basement was 4 times bigger :)

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

More and more players are going to bar boxes.

I've thought about spending time on bar boxes since most all amateur tournaments are on toy tables. Not to mention, it's much easier to get action on 7' tables, much easier, especially in rooms that are big on leagues.

Add to that, some people change over due to problems with eye sight or even back problems. I know I can physically play much longer on a 7' table compared to a 9' table, due to not having to stretch for the cb.

Last but certainly not least, some people don't have space for a 9' table and as we all know, any table is better than no table.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I was a 9 foot guy.... I just downsized. Smaller house, not enough room for a 9 footer in the new house. I left the 9 footer at my old house. The old basement was 4 times bigger :)

I figured as much^^^^^^^^^.

RJ, do you play league?

Jeff

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
Ahh, I see....I didn't realized you moved....and I understand completely. Enjoy the new toy!

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice, the one regret I have about relocating to southern AZ is that it's almost impossible to find a house most people can afford with room for a pool table. I do miss my old Anniversary that I had in IL.

Reactions: KRJ