How many hours was the longest pool session (match up) that you ever had?

I think that in the movie The Hustler, Fast Eddie and Minnesota Fats played for over 40 hours (but I forget how long it was).

I do not think I have ever had more then a 7 or 8 hour pool session.

I know that I have played 5 to 6 hour sessions on probably 100's of occasions, but I do not think I have ever played for more then 8 hours.

I do not have any interesting stories to tell, but I am curious to hear some stories about maybe the longest pool session you ever had, and if it was an interesting match up?

I just love reading interesting pool stories.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
Played a 17 hour session with the flu. Won $2300 which was just enough to pay the hospital bill when pneumonia set in.

Longest session I've seen was two guys playing in Houston, who will remain nameless, for 42 hrs. Started out playing 6 ahead for $500 and each time it got back to even, they would add another $500. Winner ended up with $5500. For about the last eight hours, both players were running off to the bathroom every 20 to 30 minutes! Better pool through chemistry! LOL

Also saw a pay ball ring game on a 12 X 6 snooker run for three days nonstop at a 24 hr. poolroom. Players would jump in and out, but two players never left the building for the entire time.

I've seen a lot of marathon matches over the years. Most were during the time when the law of the land was you never quit winner. Not like today, if you tried to quit winner back then, chances were you were probably going to get your azz kicked and not just by your opponent. Sometimes, everybody in the room would jump on board to teach you a lesson!

Stones.

Last edited:

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 27 hours when i started off playing pool for just some innocent fun.
My friend just got his pocket money and agreed to sponsor whatever table cost incurred as long as i agreed to play w him.
can't do that anymore lol

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One time I arrived at the pool hall on a Saturday at noontime and started playing a ring game around 1pm with a couple of pals........it turned into a rainy day
and the pool hall became crowded.......players left the game and new players joined but myself & one other guy stayed with it all day into the night.......we quit playing at 10:30pm.

Dognit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Friday night at about 8pm thru to Monday at 7am. Wish I was 23 again. Had to quit cuz I had to go to work. Went home, showered, and was getting dressed. Had no clean dress socks. Spent $150 of my hard played $1100 winnings on dress socks over lunch hour. $150 was a lot of socks 20 years ago......

JerseyBill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw frisco jack play barleine 3 cushion billiards for almost four day|s barleine rented jimmy reids shoes a hundred a day cooney won almost ten thousand neither player got out of bed for three days played in detroit the rack great match

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that in the movie The Hustler, Fast Eddie and Minnesota Fats played for over 40 hours (but I forget how long it was).

I do not think I have ever had more then a 7 or 8 hour pool session.

I know that I have played 5 to 6 hour sessions on probably 100's of occasions, but I do not think I have ever played for more then 8 hours.

I do not have any interesting stories to tell, but I am curious to hear some stories about maybe the longest pool session you ever had, and if it was an interesting match up?

I just love reading interesting pool stories.

Thanks for sharing your story.
With one player probably about 30 hours maybe more but I used to play in ring games in a 24 hour place and play over 24 hours at a time many times. A ring game is probably not as grueling. I don't sleep much anyway, not even today. I may stay up for 24 hours or more if I am busy doing something.

Plying a long pool session was nothing to me. Just a few weeks ago I went in the pool room to play some. I took the $7.00 all day deal. I played from noon to 7 pm. Then took the night special and played till closing, 2 am. I wore out several younger players and I am an old man.

I think it is just so many years in the pool rooms, I owned a 24 hour place and not sleeping was normal, I guess I am conditioned to it. Up 24 and sleep about 6 was almost a cycle for me. I just don't get tired even today.

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We started a 4 handed rotation game called 1 and 5 or also known as Chicago on Friday night and played non stop to Sunday night.
This was the early 80's and it was good until the Coke ran out early Sunday then it was tough to continue.

liakos

Banned
Mine started at 12 noon! I won a couple sets, after he ran to the bank for about a half hr and we quickly resumed,,,,,,, till 3pm the next day! Greatest time of my life:)

I would love to do that again, but work wouldn't like it much! Aahhhhh life!

flash5153

none
Silver Member
Me and a friend played for 3 days straight,,,at my house,,drank three 30 packs of Bud Light.lol (maybe more)
Started on Friday night,,,fell asleep for a few hours Saturday morning after the sun came up.

Played all day,, and all night again ,,,Saturday. Fell asleep Sunday morning after the sun came up.

Played all day and night (again) Sunday. And he went home when the sun came up Monday morning. He didnt drive away. Someone came and got him. lol
It wasnt that long ago this happened. It took me 2 days to recuperate from that. Everytime we seen the sun come up,,it was time to take a nap!!! lmao!

Everywhere I went,after that,, I was shooting a ball into the pocket.(in my mind)

That was the most pool I ever played in a short period of time,,ever!!

Seneca Steve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
played 26 hours for 200.00 a game on a bar box in 1975. We payed the manager 40.00 bucks an hour just to sleep while we played on after closing time.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
played 26 hours for 200.00 a game on a bar box in 1975. We payed the manager 40.00 bucks an hour just to sleep while we played on after closing time.

That would be grueling, at $200.00 a game you can't coast. Any let up and you will be stuck bad.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Played an even 12 ahead 9 ball barbox headset for 16 hours straight in Oklahoma City once, ended up winning $250.00