Is this a Brunswick???

belvederebill1

Registered
I found this antique table for sale, circa 1918 and the owner said it's a Brunswick. I haven't seen the table in person and have yet to get a picture of the badge. I contacted Brunswick and they don't have this leg design on file. Their files include every table they have ever made! Has anyone ever see this design and do you know the maker??

Thanks,
Bill

PS the pictures are from another website that also called it Brunswick but is not the actual table I am thinking of buying. You can clearly see some woodwork has been done around the tag but appears to have happened a long time ago!
old table.JPG

old table 2.jpg

old table 3.JPG

name plate.JPG

belvederebill1

Registered
No. I found an identical one from a private owner that has an 8' one. But it looks exactly the same except for it being partly dissembled.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the link that I sent, if you click the arrow on the right, it takes you back to your first photo. Everything in the background is the exact same.

It is the same picture.

belvederebill1

Registered
To Bic D,
Yes I stated that the pictures are not of the actual table I'm looking at but the legs are the same. Here is a picture of the actual table I am thinking of buying. If you look at the legs you will see they match.

vintage table 2.jpg

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless you really want an antique table you should buy a gold crown. They are pretty indestructible and a good mechanic cab get them playing perfectly.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can see the similarities of your table and the Kling and Arcade designs. I really like it.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like an 8 footer.

Unless you are getting it for the design and age, there should be better playing tables out there.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless you really want an antique table you should buy a gold crown. They are pretty indestructible and a good mechanic cab get them playing perfectly.

I think there is a lot of value in owning a gold crown- mechanics are pretty damn familiar with them.

But the pics of the table here? That beast looks a lot more solid than my gold crown.

belvederebill1

Registered
The nice people over at Brunswick think this is made by Wendt Billiard Table Manufacturing Company of Milwaukee. I did an internet search and found a Wendt table. This example has 6 legs but if you look closely at the legs you will see they are the same shape as the table I'm thinking of buying and the curve at the top of the legs is the same.
Now I just need to find out what model my seller has and who makes bumpers for it.

One of you asked why this and not a Gold Crown. I have a love for antiques and my basement has an actual Chicago bar and back drop (I call the Arch) from the 1920s. I want a table from that era and I can't find an old enough Brunswick for under a grand in my area. Far south of Chicago.Wendt_Pool Table.jpg

belvederebill1

Registered
Here is a close up of the leg shape I mentioned before. Note the curve at the top and how it matches the 6 legged table in my last post.table leg.JPG