I guess case makers are all too busy for my $$

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
I love when I have money to spend and I can't get people to return phone calls or emails. I have a theme for a case, it will need to be hand carved and painted. Truly be a one of a kind. I've either emailed or left vm's for a few case makers who I think can do the job, not a peep back....

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Hand carved? Maybe that just sounds like a lot to take on.
I had a case I wanted, it had even been done before but I wanted mine in leather.
What I found from custom case makers was that they work from patterns and something
truly custom would have to be done by a different type of industry. So I went to my
tailor. She didn’t work in leather like that, but she recommended that I go see a
furrier. The furrier looked at what I wanted and threw out a price that I felt was more
than reasonable and it only took about 3 weeks. After a couple of years searching
and settling for things that were sort of close I finally got exactly what I wanted.
Maybe instead of a case maker you might try looking at someone that works in the
martial that your case is going to be made from. A furrier, or a carpenter, wood carver,
a tailor, or whatever, an artist in that material.

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
Hand carved? Maybe that just sounds like a lot to take on.
I had a case I wanted, it had even been done before but I wanted mine in leather.
What I found from custom case makers was that they work from patterns and something
truly custom would have to be done by a different type of industry. So I went to my
tailor. She didn’t work in leather like that, but she recommended that I go see a
furrier. The furrier looked at what I wanted and threw out a price that I felt was more
than reasonable and it only took about 3 weeks. After a couple of years searching
and settling for things that were sort of close I finally got exactly what I wanted.
Maybe instead of a case maker you might try looking at someone that works in the
martial that your case is going to be made from. A furrier, or a carpenter, wood carver,
a tailor, or whatever, an artist in that material.

Maybe.

I didn’t even give them my idea. Only said I’m looking to get a custom case made.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I love when I have money to spend and I can't get people to return phone calls or emails. I have a theme for a case, it will need to be hand carved and painted. Truly be a one of a kind. I've either emailed or left vm's for a few case makers who I think can do the job, not a peep back....

Which casemakers? Out them? They’ll answer.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Send me your money, and I'll try. At best you get a case, at worst, I will be the one frustrated instead of you, just with a bit more money. Win-Win.

MrSharp

Registered
Not sure who you all contacted, but did you try JB’s? I know lots think of their nylon rugged cases but they do very nice leather work too from what he has shown in his videos, I have a basic leather from them and quality is unreal.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Something is not right if no one got back to you. Post your ideas here. Explain in detail what you want. Let’s see what this turns into and how far it goes.

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps they never got your emails. I can tell you that if you are using a yahoo account, many of their emails just disappear in to thin air if the recipient is not a yahoo account.

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
Not sure who you all contacted, but did you try JB’s? I know lots think of their nylon rugged cases but they do very nice leather work too from what he has shown in his videos, I have a basic leather from them and quality is unreal.

Yep. That was one....

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've wanted to have a New York Yankees baseball theme case made
in a 3x6 or 4x8 hard leather version. I envisioned it to have more
tooling than artful colorization. I never found a case-maker that was
interested in tackling this design so I've basically abandoned the idea.

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
I have also reached out to Phil Eastwood through a form on his website as well as Facebook message. Anyone Have his phone number?

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I'll tell you that JB is extremely hard to get a hold of. They are slow to reply but the end product is well worth it. I had zero luck through email but finally got a reply via Facebook messenger. Took a while, but I'm thrilled with the case. Don't expect to get it quickly, just sayin. Having said that, I'd order another if I needed one from JB.

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is like that everywhere nowadays, unfortunately. This is vacation season for anyone with kids, but if it has been more than a couple of weeks without a reply I would second guess that casemaker's ability to deliver on time, especially considering you haven't even discussed design yet. I have messaged back and forth with Phil about a design concept, but have never pulled the trigger. Maybe he gets frustrated from all of the window shoppers. Good luck.

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll tell you that JB is extremely hard to get a hold of. They are slow to reply but the end product is well worth it. I had zero luck through email but finally got a reply via Facebook messenger. Took a while, but I'm thrilled with the case. Don't expect to get it quickly, just sayin. Having said that, I'd order another if I needed one from JB.

Yep, this.

But I sure hate having to beg someone to take my money.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yep, this.

But I sure hate having to beg someone to take my money.

Yep. Also a warning... no service before the sale.... what happens afterwards. I’m done with custom work. I buy cues or cases ready to ship.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Although case-making is completely different than cue-making, the same people are
calling them, taking up their time, and not following through with an order.
Several cuemaker's I've worked with in the last few years are bitter, lashing out, and
want to stop taking orders and just build what they want to build, sell what they build
to anyone who wants them.
The constant text messages, requests for pic's, change orders, and attempts to cut
dollars out of the deal has really gotten to these guys.
On the other hand nothing is getting done on time and I'm about done, due to the
frustration from everything being late...way late.