Earl reality show - Fan Fiction

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update: Scene 3 added below in post #16. See post #1 and #11 for the first two scenes of the Earl Strickland Reality Show.

A lot of us have wished for an Earl reality show. Well, we've yet to see that, but here's how I imagine a typical scene would go. Anyone have other ideas?

Scene 1 - Typical Morning at Earls

The scene opens in Earl's apartment in Queens. It's 10am and he's just woken following his win in night two of the Earl vs Efren 10 foot challenge match. He climbs out of bed, already wearing is jogging shorts and shoes, and slips on a Steinway t-shirt he grabs off the floor. He walks into the kitchen and starts cooking breakfast as his roommate, Jayson Shaw, walks in the front door. Jayson looks disheveled as he sets his cue case next to the door. He looks back out the door and yells "Thanks, hon!" as he waves to a leggy blond who is pulling away in her canary yellow Ferrari.

Jayson opens the small closet next to the front door. On the door is some masking tape with the words "Lucasi Rejects" written on it. He opens his cue case and pours out the remains of a broken Air Hog jump cue, on top of the shards of three other broken cues. He reaches into the back of the closet and pulls out a new Air Hog and removes it's protective plastic sleeve. Earl, now wearing a Kamui bandana on his head as he stirs a skillet of scrambled eggs, says "Another defective Lucasi? When are you going to dump those guys?"

"Yeah I know. So get this. I'm running out good, but then I one-stroked a shot and hooked myself on the 7. I missed the jump and then snapped the cue... I tell ya, these cues are not built to withstand actual playing conditions. I mean, I didn't use my knee; I just grabbed the ends in my hands and snapped it in half."

Earl interrupts, fire in his eyes. "You kids today... I used to break full length cues, and I didn't have to use my damn knee or nothing! Once in '93 I snapped a CueTec with my bare hands. And you know, those damn things are made out of titanium!" Earl regains his composure and turns back to the skillet. "That's why I had Gulyassy make my 70 inch for me. The secret? He hollows out the core and pours a thin bead of molten steel into the shaft. He challenged me to snap it. I couldn't do it and I've been with him ever since." Earl waves his hands at the universe.

Jayson shakes his head in admiration. "Well, normally I wouldn't have gotten upset, but there were a couple of girls watching and the cue ball flew off the table and hit Finnegan in the nose."

Earl jumps in, "Good! That guy was slug racking me all night. I told him to tap the 1-ball at a slight angle. See, that makes the dent in the cloth slightly oval shaped, which pulls the one ball tighter towards the rack... I don’t know why I tell you guys these secrets!"

On a roll, Earl continues, "And did you see what Efren was doing before the match? I'm 52 years old, working my butt off, practicing all afternoon on the 10 foot, and he's sitting over there playing chess. Chess!" Earl turns quiet and earnest, ignoring smoke that's starting up from the eggs. "That disrespects me... I'm one of the best athletes this country has ever seen and that disrespects me. It disrespects the game! But I tell you what, I found out what motel Efren is staying at, so during my five mile run this morning I'm going to swing by his window and yell some garbage at him. Teach him to disrespect me!"

Next Episode: Earl's jog by the motel backfires as Efren, tipped off by a disgruntled Finnegan, lies in wait.

Last edited:

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Not gonna lie. I laughed. I also could hear Earl and Shaw's voices in my head.

Keep it comin'.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Earl walks down the street....at first mumbling to himself...and then starts yelling at passerbys "What? You think this walking is easy? This is hard!"

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every time it's Earls turn to talk I picture a different apparatus on him. This could be huge... on here:thumbup:

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scene 2 - Tournament Planning

Scene 2 of the Earl Strickland Reality Show - Tournament Planning

The scene opens during a slow afternoon at Steinway. Tournament Director Finnegan has a meeting scheduled with Earl to discuss details of the upcoming Steinway Classic tournament. Earl is sitting at a small table next to his trusty 10-foot, eating a cheesesteak sandwich while leaning intently over a laptop computer. Finnegan cringes as he sits down, preparing to be put upon.

He opens, "Earl, you ready to talk about the tournament?"

"Wait a minute, I'm finishing this explosives switch." Finnegan looks puzzled and walks around to see what Earl is doing on the laptop. "What's that?" he asks. Earl, with a fresh bite of cheesesteak in his mouth, points to the screen and obliges to answer "I'm working on my Minecraft server. I was inducted into the BCA Hall of Fame almost 10 years ago and they still have not built an actual Hall of Fame for my fans to visit. So once again, I have to take things into my own hands. I'm building a Hall of Fame inside of Minecraft."

Finnegan, still puzzled, looks at the screen of a virtual low-resolution world depicting various buildings made of cube blocks. "What's that big building on the side?" Earl swallows and points at the screen again "Why that's the Earl Strickland Wing of course. Fans will be able to log into the server and explore 8-bit versions of all my trophies and the cues I've used over the years. See I've got a lava moat all around the building to keep the griefers out."

Finnegan points to a much smaller building, "What's that?"

"It's the Efren Outhouse. During our 10-foot challenge I asked him if he wanted to help me work on this and he just stared at me like he didn't understand English! Hey, that trick got old when he was still calling himself Cesar Morales. So this is all he gets", says Earl, with a devilish grin on his face.

Just then Earl's expression changes to alarm. "Wait a minute! There's a griefer trying to attack the Earl Strickland Wing. I knew it, look! His avatar says it's Bustamante!"

Finnegan is losing patience. "Earl, I doubt it's Bustamante. It's probably just Alvin from InsidePool messing with you again. Can we get back to discussing the tournament?"

"Ok, I got rid of him. But I gotta stay logged in or he'll be back." Earl pushes the laptop to the side and points to Finnegan, who is sitting three feet across the table. "Did you get the tacos?" Finnegan frowns and glances down, "Earl, the tournament doesn't start for a week." Earl shakes his head rapidly and waves his hands "Ok, fine but just remember, I only want Pepsi products. Coke's too big but if the Pepsi CEO sees me on the stream drinking Mountain Dew and eating Taco Bell, I'm a shoo-in for a sponsorship."

"Earl, any special arrangements you want for the actual tournament?"

"I'm glad you asked... Finnegan, as a member of the Steinway family of employees, I'm sure you understand the importance of the house pro looking good to the fans, right? If I win the tournament it means more fans coming in here, more lessons, and the overall betterment of Pool."

Finnegan shrugs his shoulders "well, I guess."

"Good, now first I want you to get me some eye blinders to wear. That will cut off my peripheral vision, allowing me to focus 100% on the table."

Finnegan looks helpless. "Where in the world do I find eye blinders?" Earl looks annoyed but helpfully replies "For crying out loud, Mayor de Blasio just banned all the horse carriages in Central Park. Get them from the horses!" Earl holds his palms up and smiles as he looks around to see if anyone else appreciates how dense Finnegan can be.

"Next, I want you to assign all of Jonny Archer's matches to table 1. 'One' sounds like an important number so he won't suspect a thing. But I want to you take the Simonis 860 off the table and replace it with some of that fuzzy bar-box cloth we have in back. He'll get so exhausted picking lent off the table, he won't be able to get out of his chair by the time he gets to me! Hahaha! And if he complains just tell him it's Championship cloth and that should shut him up." Earl is giggling so hard, his now ignored cheesesteak almost falls off the table. He saves it at the last second and returns to business.

"Ok, last thing, on my table I want you to always rack the balls with the 1-ball above and to the right of the spot. I've already arranged for the table mechanic to squeeze my side pockets an inch tighter. I couldn't get him to remove the damn things so this is the best I can do. Nobody is going to make the 1-ball in the side if I have anything to say about it. See, I figured out that with that rack, if I break with the cue ball 15 and 3/16 inches from the side rail, with a tip and a half of low right, at 23 mph, I can get the 2-ball to go four rails into the corner every time. I'm the only person in pool that works this hard. These suckers don't stand a chance!"

Next Episode: Finnegan is chased down the street at midnight by a pack of Dalmatians after he mistakenly thinks the carriage horses are kept at the firehouse.

Last edited:

Bayawak

Tirador
Silver Member
Scene 2 of the Earl Strickland Reality Show - Tournament Planning

The scene opens during a slow afternoon at Steinway. Tournament Director Finnegan has a meeting scheduled with Earl to discuss details of the upcoming Steinway Classic tournament. Earl is sitting at a small table next to his trusty 10-foot, eating a cheesesteak sandwich while leaning intently over a laptop computer. Finnegan cringes as he sits down, preparing to be put upon.

He opens, "Earl, you ready to talk about the tournament?"

"Wait a minute, I'm finishing this explosives switch." Finnegan looks puzzled and walks around to see what Earl is doing on the laptop. "What's that?" he asks. Earl, with a fresh bite of cheesesteak in his mouth, points to the screen and obliges to answer "I'm working on my Minecraft server. I was inducted into the BCA Hall of Fame almost 10 years ago and they still have not built an actual Hall of Fame for my fans to visit. So once again, I have to take things into my own hands. I'm building a Hall of Fame inside of Minecraft."

Finnegan, still puzzled, looks at the screen of a virtual low-resolution world depicting various buildings made of cube blocks. "What's that big building on the side?" Earl swallows and points at the screen again "Why that's the Earl Strickland Wing of course. Fans will be able to log into the server and explore 8-bit versions of all my trophies and the cues I've used over the years. See I've got a lava moat all around the building to keep the griefers out."

Finnegan points to a much smaller building, "What's that?"

"It's the Efren Outhouse. During our 10-foot challenge I asked him if he wanted to help me work on this and he just stared at me like he didn't understand English! Hey, that trick got old when he was still calling himself Cesar Morales. So this is all he gets", says Earl, with a devilish grin on his face.

Just then Earl's expression changes to alarm. "Wait a minute! There's a griefer trying to attack the Earl Strickland Wing. I knew it, look! His avatar says it's Bustamante!"

Finnegan is losing patience. "Earl, I doubt it's Bustamante. It's probably just Alvin from InsidePool messing with you again. Can we get back to discussing the tournament?"

"Ok, I got rid of him. But I gotta stay logged in or he'll be back." Earl pushes the laptop to the side and points to Finnegan, who is sitting three feet across the table. "Did you get the tacos?" Finnegan frowns and glances down, "Earl, the tournament doesn't start for a week." Earl shakes his head rapidly and waves his hands "Ok, fine but just remember, I only want Pepsi products. Coke's too big but if the Pepsi CEO sees me on the stream drinking Mountain Dew and eating Taco Bell, I'm a shoo-in for a sponsorship."

"Earl, any special arrangements you want for the actual tournament?"

"I'm glad you asked. Finnegan, as a member of the Steinway family of employees, I'm sure you understand the importance of the house pro looking good to the fans, right? If I win the tournament it means more fans coming in here, more lessons, and the overall betterment of Pool."

Finnegan shrugs his shoulders "well, I guess."

"Good, now first I want you to get me some eye blinders to wear. That will cut off my peripheral vision, allowing me to focus 100% on the table."

Finnegan looks helpless. "Where in the world do I find eye blinders?" Earl looks annoyed but helpfully replies "For crying out loud, Mayor de Blasio just banned all the horse carriages in Central Park. Get them from the horses!" Earl holds his palms up and smiles as he looks around to see if anyone else appreciates how dense Finnegan can be.

"Next, I want you to assign all of Jonny Archer's matches to table 1. 'One' sounds like an important number so he won't suspect a thing. But I want to you take the Simonis 860 off the table and replace it with some of that fuzzy bar-box cloth we have in back. He'll get so exhausted picking lent off the table, he won't be able to get out of his chair by the time he gets to me! Hahaha! And if he complains just tell him it's Championship cloth and that should shut him up." Earl is giggling so hard, his now ignored cheesesteak almost falls off the table. He saves it at the last second and returns to business.

"Ok, last thing, on my table I want you to always rack the balls with the 1-ball above and to the right of the spot. I've already arranged for the table mechanic to squeeze my side pockets an inch tighter. I couldn't get him to remove the damn things so this is the best I can do. Nobody is going to make the 1-ball in the side if I have anything to say about it. See, I figured out that with that rack, if I break with the cue ball 15 and 3/16 inches from the side rail, with a tip and a half of low right, at 23 mph, I can get the 2-ball to go four rails into the corner every time. I'm the only person in pool that works this hard. These suckers don't stand a chance!"

Next Episode: Finnegan is chased down the street at midnight by a pack of Dalmatians after he mistakenly thinks the carriage horses are kept at the firehouse.

Dude, You are the best!!!!

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
"I want to you take the Simonis 860 off the table and replace it with some of that fuzzy bar-box cloth we have in back. He'll get so exhausted picking lent off the table, he won't be able to get out of his chair by the time he gets to me! Hahaha! And if he complains just tell him it's Championship cloth and that should shut him up." Earl is giggling so hard, his now ignored cheesesteak almost falls off the table

hilarious stuff man

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a hiatus, the Earl Strickland Reality Show is back!

Scene 3 begins at Earl's apartment in Astoria, Queens.

Earl is lying on the floor in his den. He's doing his morning sit-ups while counting, "249, 250, 251..." He's wearing a white Steinway t-shirt with the sleeves cut off for maximum aerodynamics. Earl picks up his cell phone, while continuing his sit-ups and calls Mark Wilson.

"Mark, this is Earl. Listen, I know you are starting to plan out the 2015 Mosconi Cup, so I want to give you some pointers.” Mark, holding a hand up on the other end of the line says “Well, Earl, actually Matchroom has not decided yet who-“

Earl jumps in “Mark, if you want to raise money for the team, you need to copy what I’m working on. I’m creating a web page and adding a PayPal donation button to it. I’m calling it 'The Earl Fund'. There will be great benefits for being a member. For a $5 a month donation, I’ll send you my collection of ‘Earl ringtones’ for your smartphone. Imagine me yelling this every time your phone rings: ‘You're trying to shark me, aren't you!’, or ‘Do I come to your place of work and loudly eat potato chips?’ or my favorite ‘They need to take the side pockets off this thing!'"

Knowing he has Mark on the hook he raises his voice slightly for added emphasis, "And for only a $10 a month donation, I’ll come out to your kids birthday party!”

Mark perks up at Earl's generous effort to give back to the fans. He says “That’s great Earl, so you are going to do an exhibition and lessons for the kids?”

“For only $10? Heck no. For that I’m not even going to bring my cue. I’ll make an appearance at the party, sign autographs, and offer life lessons for the kids. But you have to feed me..."

"Now for $50 a month you get the full ‘Earl Strickland Experience’. I will move into your home for two weeks! But you’ll need to provide sufficient ventilation, because I like to cook in my room sometimes.”

Now that Team USA's finances are resolved, Earl gets on to the key point of his call. "Now Mark, listen to me. This is important. We have to win the Cup back! And I'm telling you, the key is finger extensions. Outfit the whole team with ‘em! I invented those cylindrical finger extensions 10 years ago to help me cue over a ball, and I was like a Freight Train on the tour until they took them away from me!”

Mark tries to wave Earl off of this line “Earl, I believe the Matchroom rules forbid any hand tools. Remember that business you had with the power saw?"

Undeterred, Earl continues, “They just don’t want USA to win! But I’ll tell ya, ever since these things were banned, I've been following the medical journals and waiting... These doctors are making so much progress in this area that in 5 years the whole team will be able to get their fingers surgically lengthened... Now, I suggest we do it only on our bridge hands, and that will cut costs 50%, which I know is important to you. We will have to lose the Cup for another 5 years in a row, but what else are we gonna do?”

Mark sits in confused silence, not knowing what he will say, when Earl's former roommate, Jayson Shaw, walks into the apartment. He says "Hey Earl, I just stopped by to get those jump cues I left over here."

Seizing on the perfect timing Earl yells "Mark, hang on a minute. Jayson! Stand on my abs as I finish this last 50!" Jayson holds up his hands "Hey, Earl, I let you carry me up and down the stairs remember, but I'm drawing the line. Maybe you should be rooming with Dechaine or something."

"Mark, I'll call you back, I've got a domestic situation here," Earl says hanging up.

Next Episode: Earl sabotages Nick Varner in the Steinway Classic by having all gum in the display case swapped out with exploding gum he ordered from the back of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle comic book.

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well done!!

You've learned your "earl homework" very well. :thumbup:

jtarewicz15

Registered
this is fantastic!!!

Im picturing the entire series in a cartoon setting, with Joe Rogan voicing Earl of course...LOL!! :thumbup:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Do you know earl just read this and is pacing around the room with his hands in the air hollering - I can't get no *#•£%*! respect!

Rob.M