Anybody wanna get rid of a Model B lathe?

merylane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
could you describe it a little more i believe a freind of mine has one he doesnt use any more since he got a clausing 5914

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, I think you'd be better off with another lathe unless your capable of rebuilding the madel B. I won't provide a list but let's just say
They don't build them like they use to.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Michael Webb said:
Personally, I think you'd be better off with another lathe unless your capable of rebuilding the madel B. I won't provide a list but let's just say
They don't build them like they use to.
Thanks Mike. I guess I'll find an older model. :D

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hannphie said:
I'm selling mine had it about 8 months and its great . I just want a bigger full size lathe. I paid $3800.00 with shipping make a fair offer and its yours.

Why get rid of it, you need more then one lathe. I have five set up now and I set them up for dedicated uses. It is very hard to work with just one lathe. I am always looking at the paper for lathes. I even have an old 6 x 18 atlas that gets use almost every for something, part making, whatever. I think you may be sorry if you sell your lathe.

BLACKHEARTCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MODEL "B" PORPER

Hannphie said:
I'm selling mine had it about 8 months and its great . I just want a bigger full size lathe. I paid $3800.00 with shipping make a fair offer and its yours.
I think the lathe in the picture is a "MODEL C". It does not have the taper bar like the "B' has. I will be selling one of my "MODEL B" lathes this spring on E-BAY...JER

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
BLACKHEARTCUES said:
I think the lathe in the picture is a "MODEL C". It does not have the taper bar like the "B' has. I will be selling one of my "MODEL B" lathes this spring on E-BAY...JER
Thanks Jer.
This is the Model B btw.
100_closeup.jpg

Teddy Harris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BLACKHEARTCUES said:
I think the lathe in the picture is a "MODEL C". It does not have the taper bar like the "B' has.
If you look at the picture again, you will se the sandpaper is resting on the taper bar. It is indeed a Model-A.

BLACKHEARTCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MODEL "B" PORPER

Ted Harris said:
If you look at the picture again, you will se the sandpaper is resting on the taper bar. It is indeed a Model-A.
Now I see it. I stand corrected,it is a MODEL B. Sorry...JER

merylane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my bad .. i though it was some kind of old south bend. thats what my freind has.
did see 3 of those porper lathes last week in searings shop. 8 lathes total.

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
merylane said:
my bad .. i though it was some kind of old south bend. thats what my freind has. searings shop. 8 lathes total.

Can't have enough good old lathes - South Bend, Atlas, Cincinnati, Logan, Atlas/Clausing!!!! Set them up for one or two tasks only - gives you more time to make cues your are not spending all your time changing your tooling.

John Madden
www.johnmaddencues.com

merylane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeh jack tell me about it i only have 2 and 1 shaft machine, but got 2 more shaft machines if i ever get time to set them up.
by the way have you talked to tom in rapid city lately?

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
merylane said:
have you talked to tom in rapid city lately?

No, not for a few months. He said he was going to come over and visit us - house is almost complete so we have plenty of room. ("Sarge" Ken Aylesworth was here last fall - hope to have him and Charli (his wife) visit again.) Tom used to visit me quite often when he lived in Phoenix. I know he is really involved with his labs - competition and the like. Have you heard talked to him lately? How is he doing?
Jack
www.johnmaddencues.com

merylane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i havent talked to him since vegas last year, been meaning to call but i dont seem to get around to it. im hoping to visit him sometime in the future.
i figger he prob. doing a lot of hunting this time of year?
take care.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Well, here's my newly acquired beautiful ( ugh!) Logan 11 by 36 lathe after I took the spindle/front pulley out to get it cleaned. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Michael Webb said:
Now that will be a beautiful machine
Cha-ching
Thanks Mike.
Got it for $800. Fired it up before paying. Bearings sounded fine, thread gear worked and the ways are in very good shape.
V-belt is kinda hassle. I just bought a flat belt front pulley and am looking for the matching rear pulley.
Logans are great lathes imo. Maybe not quite as good as Clausing but still very very good. :)