Chipped 3 ball?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I went to a new place and found a good one. The 3 ball had the 3 chipped out of it on one side. This places uses the tables for leagues. Does anyone know if places use not broken balls for league play? Or do they generally just use the balls already in the table?

Also so far pool is the only sport I have found where people are OK with this type of stuff. I wonder why that is?

Thanks

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s not a reflection on the caliber of players or the presence of leagues. That’s a reflection on that bar and it’s owners.

Some bars that host leagues have a dedicated set for leagues but most have you use what’s in the table. Some league teams bring their own balls for that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love how Jaime lion somehow lives around 300 pool halls/bars and reports about equipment of said places without ever naming them.

Can’t wait for the permaban for him. Such an obvious troll. Thanks for all the laughs though

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love how Jaime lion somehow lives around 300 pool halls/bars and reports about equipment of said places without ever naming them.

Can’t wait for the permaban for him. Such an obvious troll. Thanks for all the laughs though

Like I have said there is 1 pool hall. The rest are bars. How many bars have at least 1 pool table where you live? Because the bar I went to today had 2 tables. Another places has 1. The most I have seen in a bar without a pool hall is 4. So far I have seen 21 bars with pool tables and 1 actual pool hall. That is all I know about. There might be more.

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You two have beef carrying over from another thread?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For some reason people think I am a troll. I really don't understand why. Yes I might have some out there ideas. Like wanting to use the mechanical bridge as a cue and playing a game of pool with it. But I am very creative.

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No he is just the most obvious troll ever who clogs the front page with ridiculous topics. I know I can ignore him or not click on his threads but they literally make me lol.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So I went to a new place and found a good one. The 3 ball had the 3 chipped out of it on one side. This places uses the tables for leagues. Does anyone know if places use not broken balls for league play? Or do they generally just use the balls already in the table?

Also so far pool is the only sport I have found where people are OK with this type of stuff. I wonder why that is?

Thanks

tell the room owner

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
It's no thing. Balls get chipped.

Try to keep them on the table. Using equipment as intended goes a long way in this regard.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tell the room owner

I could tell the bartender cause this was a bar I was playing at but I doubt he would care or do anything but he might so I might tell him if I still see it next time. I went to this same place back in march to throw darts. The machine was jammed with quarters and I told the bartender it was a different bartender. She gave me a straw to try and unclog it. Then another dude came in and told her to call the vending company so they could come and fix it.

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most bars see 8-balls get stolen often enough that they tend to have spare sets of balls around. If it’s bad enough, telling a bartender could be all it takes to get it replaced.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of the time the vendor or the bar
owner will fix it if there are enough complaints.

How do they fix it you ask?
They get a brand new set of absolutely
terrible balls for as cheap as is possible.

Then, your local bangers come on down
knock them off the table on to the concrete
floor and boom! Balls are back to f'd.

Why concrete you ask, why cheap balls, why don't
they care?
Because they care about $ and pool don't pay.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks
If it bothers you, go buy a cheap 3-ball and donate it to the bar!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
With the cheap sets of balls often found in a bar, the chipping issue is real, but many a bar owner will feel that a slightly chipped ball will not cost them any business. The moment they decide otherwise, they will take action to replace either the chipped ball or the entire set, so your best bet is to complain to the owner.