My cue case and a few autographs

John Brumback

Silver Member
Just a little something I thought I would share and some might find interesting and maybe a good idea for some too.

I don't know how many years ago it's been but I had an old porper style cue case that I was about ready to retire. ( I had been carrying it for over 20 years )

Well one of the early years of the dcc I had the idea that I would carry that old case around with me and get a few autographs on it from a FEW of the TOP players and then pass it on to my son.I was only thinking of about 8 or 10 players at the time but looking back,I'm glad I got all the ones I did.

But here's the funny part.After I had about 20 top players sign it and I'm carrying it around,I started getting all these looks from a lot of the "other"...... players.

I could see what they were thinking..." when are you going to ask or let me sign your case?):embarrassed2: I tried to just look the other way for a couple days but it just got to be too much ( I even got backed up into a corner at one point by a good player that was not happy about me not asking him lol .so at this point It just took off and that's how I got so many.

I have so many stories about this I could go on forever.It was so funny,I still laugh when I think about it.

I'm going to attempt to post the names that I have up to this point. ( I need to take it back and get a few more) I haven't takin it with me to the dcc in a few years.

This is all from the DCC
Allison Fisher
Thornstn Hohmann
SVB
Alex P.
Ralf Souquet
Shannon Daulton
Fred the Bread
Niles Feijen
Jimmy Reid
Johhny Archer
George Rood
Mika Immonen
Jimmy Mataya
JL The Black Widow
Billy Johnson Wade Crane yes he did sign both names on it:smile:
Rudolphp Luat
Mark Tadd
Buddy Hall
Santos Sambotjion
Efren Reyes
Shawn Putnam
Cory Duell
Allen Hopkins
Tony Fargo
Scott Frost
John Schmit
Raphael Martinez
Ronnie Alcano
Jose Parica
Larry Nevel
Cliff Joyner
Jason Miller
Charlie Bryant/ Hillbilly
Gabe Owen
Darren Appleton
Bunny Rogoff
Jeremy Jones
Francisco Bustemante
Kim Davenport
Dennis Ocrllio
Hellena Thornfelt
Monica Webb
Stevie Moore
Tommy Kennedy
Earl Strickland
Roberto Gomez
Bill Incardona
Grady Matthews
Danny Diliberto
And about 6 more that I can't make out.....yet. I would like to have CJ's at some point

I know I have misspelled some of the names. In my defense some pool players don't sign their name real clear:p Pretty awesome list I shall say!! John B.

PS: My thanks go out to Steve Lamako He took care of it while I was playing my matches and out having fun some of the time,hehe.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Don't forget to put your own autograph on it champ. But sign it DAD.

Great idea .

Rob.M

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I planned on taking my case years ago to the Glass City Open to have some players sign it as I seen others doing that the previous day. I thought it was a great idea until my wife asked my why would I want to mess up a nice case? It wasn't anything like a Porper it is a cheap JC. :bash:

Am very happy that she said that and stopped me.

🎱

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
I have quite a few of the signatures listed as well as yours John. Some of my TOO COOL to ever ask someone to sign something friends sometimes shake their heads when they look at my case....but having met, however briefly, and maybe shaking hands with players I've watched and appreciated (their games) for some time means something to me.

BTW, most all have been more than just cordial, and some I talk to regularly (cuz, initially I had them sign a case; pretty cool). Next goal, beat every one of them in a game of 1P - even that BATA guy. lol :cool:

John Brumback

Silver Member
I planned on taking my case years ago to the Glass City Open to have some players sign it as I seen others doing that the previous day. I thought it was a great idea until my wife asked my why would I want to mess up a nice case? It wasn't anything like a Porper it is a cheap JC. :bash:

Am very happy that she said that and stopped me.

🎱

Oh man, that is so funny. Sorry I laughed so hard when I read it:p John B.

John Brumback

Silver Member
Pics or it never happened...

LOL good idea but I'll have to wait till my son comes back from college because I'm so dumb when it comes to this stuff..that I don't know how.:eek:

Until then let me tell ya what it looks like.

It's the square type that holds 3 butts and 6 shafts. It's light tan vinyl,and it's covered from top to bottom and on all sides with autographs ( most done in a black sharpie that I keep in the pocket of the case) from all the names I listed.

IMO the players don't mind one bit to be asked to sign someones case. They are easy to sign also.

So I say to anyone that has a case or anything that they would like to get signed the DCC is a great place to get a bunch of good ones.

Here's tip for anyone thinking about doing this....Keep a piece of paper in the case or on you and when you have a player sign it be sure to write their name down on the paper so you can keep up with who you have on it. If you don't,you might not be able to read some of the names afterwards. Some don't take much time signing their name and they can be hard to read. John B.

Young William

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a poster that I had signed at the 2004 DCC. If you look real close you might even see John Brumback's autograph.

Attachments

• DCC 2004.jpg
    DCC 2004.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 282