BCAPL 2014 Changes?

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This past weekend I heard that the BCAPL Nationals will no longer have the Pros playing 1 Pocket? Is this true? I heard it's being moved to February at the Reno Bar Table Championships?

First we get moved to the high priced Rio Hotel and now we won't get to see the Pros play?

Is all this true?

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here are the plans:

The US Open One Pocket will be in conjunction with the US Bar Table in Reno.

http://www.playbca.com/Events/2014USOpenOnePocketChampionship.aspx
This is the link for the current sign-ups and the Player package.

At the Rio we will have 2 major professional events: 8-Ball and 10-Ball.
They will be invitational. We have not determined how many players or who they will be.

Every player will be required to be available for free group lessons/instruction on various aspects of the game. We are only going to be working with players that have shown respect to the game, their opponents, and the fans.

I think most will find this is a better experience than has been available in the past. Every player will be TOP NOTCH. There are several reasons for this change - one of which is the expense of bringing in so many 9' tables. With an invitational (played on 1 or 2 tables) the costs can be more reasonable. Last year we tried to accommodate the junior players and the pros and we ended up with 23 of the 9' tables on site. Just the freights costs approached $10,000.

This should also allow more 7' table so we have more practice tables available.

I can assure you that there will be something for everyone at this event.

Mark Griffin, CEO
CSI - BCAPL - USAPL

berniep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are the plans:

The US Open One Pocket will be in conjunction with the US Bar Table in Reno.

http://www.playbca.com/Events/2014USOpenOnePocketChampionship.aspx
This is the link for the current sign-ups and the Player package.

At the Rio we will have 2 major professional events: 8-Ball and 10-Ball.
They will be invitational. We have not determined how many players or who they will be.

Every player will be required to be available for free group lessons/instruction on various aspects of the game. We are only going to be working with players that have shown respect to the game, their opponents, and the fans.

I think most will find this is a better experience than has been available in the past. Every player will be TOP NOTCH. There are several reasons for this change - one of which is the expense of bringing in so many 9' tables. With an invitational (played on 1 or 2 tables) the costs can be more reasonable. Last year we tried to accommodate the junior players and the pros and we ended up with 23 of the 9' tables on site. Just the freights costs approached $10,000.

This should also allow more 7' table so we have more practice tables available.

I can assure you that there will be something for everyone at this event.

Mark Griffin, CEO
CSI - BCAPL - USAPL

Hi Mark,

Can you please confirm whether the One Pocket runs from Mon Feb 24th to Thurs Feb 27th, or Mon to Fri Feb 28th ? (CSI info quotes both)

Thanks.

Bernie Pettipiece.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Mark - smaller fields should allow for better seating arrangements around the pro tables. Please make that change to your events in July.

I have other ideas on how to make it better. Give me a call when you are free.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We are planning on starting either at 4 PM or 7 PM on Monday.
The final three matches will be held on Friday - that is to allow the EST people to be able to watch the semi and finals.

Markg

Hi Mark,

Can you please confirm whether the One Pocket runs from Mon Feb 24th to Thurs Feb 27th, or Mon to Fri Feb 28th ? (CSI info quotes both)

Thanks.

Bernie Pettipiece.