Twilight Zone - A game of pool

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I didn't think any pool film could have worse cinematography than The Color Of Money, but now I'm convinced.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I didn't think any pool film could have worse cinematography than The Color Of Money, but now I'm convinced.

Well this was done in 1961, that was long before modern special effects. Black & White Twilight Zones were classic, and good at the time.

Today you have people who they call actors, who could not even shine the shoes of the Actor of the old day, who had to have talent, and we're not support by modern technology to make marginal actors in 2020 look great.

Twilight Zone had many of the great actor of later years who got bit part in this series.

JMHO

middleofnowhere

Registered
Well this was done in 1961, that was long before modern special effects. Black & White Twilight Zones were classic, and good at the time.

Today you have people who they call actors, who could not even shine the shoes of the Actor of the old day, who had to have talent, and we're not support by modern technology to make marginal actors in 2020 look great.

Twilight Zone had many of the great actor of later years who got bit part in this series.

JMHO

Cliff Robertson was on TZ the same year he stared in PT 109. I think a lot of actors had respect for the series. Ed Wynn did a great TZ.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
forgot that!

There is two versions of it. In one Fats Brown wins. It is actually a better ending.

You are right. I had at least three versions saved on my old computer including the one with different actors.

This still beats nothing by a whole lot! I always enjoy watching a game of pool.

Hu

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Twilight Zone 1985 - A Game of Pool The Remake

A pool champion has defeated everyone at his local pool hall, except for the long dead legend, Fats Brown, who returns from the afterlife to challenge him to a high-stakes game.

https://youtu.be/Fw4422e3jZQ

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The Twilight Zone 1985 - A Game of Pool The Remake

A pool champion has defeated everyone at his local pool hall, except for the long dead legend, Fats Brown, who returns from the afterlife to challenge him to a high-stakes game.

https://youtu.be/Fw4422e3jZQ

What I like about this version is that it had some of my cues in it...
...including the only ebony butt Hoppe I ever had.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the 1985 remake neither Fats nor Jesse could play dead in a western, as a pool player. They both had the worst bridges and strokes I've ever seen! At least Klugman and Winters LOOKED like poolplayers.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Staring the guy who played Ritchie Valens bother in the movie La Bamba :)

middleofnowhere

Registered
What I like about this version is that it had some of my cues in it...
...including the only ebony butt Hoppe I ever had.

I haven't seen it in a while but If I remember right they were using ivory joint Martin cues. I played with one for years just like in the show. I got it after seeing Lassiters cue in Chicago.

Last edited:

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting these,

I had seen the original years ago. The stories are ‘ok’ but a real treat seeing the tables, cues, etc.

Amusing reading about the ‘quality’’ of the 1961 version. We would have been adjusting the rabbit ears to get half of that quality and then hoping the picture didn’t roll.