626 run pocket size

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get so tired of posts saying what is wrong with pool, pool needs to be fixed, do this or that to fix pool, etc.

This thread and some of the comments on Johns amazing accomplishment prove once again what is wrong with pool and it is some of the players that "is wrong with pool".

We can't ever have any thing nice and decent and honorable and encouraging and when some one tries to do that for pool they get the AZ treatment. Just plain disgusting.

Lord please bring back dueling again for a few years.

Don't know who you are but, I like this post.

Jeff

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... OK, the affidavit. There is no affidavit.
Please look at the Mosconi affidavit at the Smithsonian.
https://edan.si.edu/slideshow/slideshowViewer.htm?eadrefid=NMAH.AC.0744_ref37

You will see there is a paragraph on the front with all the sigs, this is the certification, and on the back, there is another paragraph that makes it a legal document called an affidavit. The statement part is embossed and signed by a notary. This makes it an affidavit.

For all you rocket scientists out there, take a look at https://www.rocketlawyer.com/article/affidavit-definition.rl

The letter from John is nothing more than that. A letter saying "I did it". It is not legally binding in any way. The people that signed it did not take an oath, swear, have any liability, etc. If I expand the name-calling like the folks around here talk about troll's then I would call it spam.

Bottom line there is no affidavit.

No. The documents for Schmidt are the same as for Mosconi -- a certification signed by the witnesses (37 for Mosconi, 8 for Schmidt) and an affidavit, referring to the certification, signed a few days later by one of the witnesses and a notary public.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of pros out there have no idea how they do what they do.

Many have demonstrably ill informed concepts about the physics of the game and many have little to zero appreciation for its history. Playing well is overrated when it comes to discussing the game.

Lou Figueroa

HOGWASH. You always seem to be trying to degrade pros. For your information it is the Pros who made the history and are currently making new history. There is not a single “Lou caliber player or critic” that is remembered anywhere in the history. Not even a footnote.

It has always been the “man in the arena” the pros who dedicated themselves and devoted themselves to their art that achieved greatness and are remembered for it. (Not the Critic)

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. The documents for Schmidt are the same as for Mosconi -- a certification signed by the witnesses (37 for Mosconi, 8 for Schmidt) and an affidavit, referring to the certification, signed a few days later by one of the witnesses and a notary public.

Jay, AL having to point ^^^^^ out today and the fact that it was a waste of his time because they (the naysayers about John's run being legit) will still say it doesn't matter is EXACTLY what I was talking about in my other post.

Lack of respect for another person or an accomplishment is common thing it seems.

Thanks AL,

Jeff

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is ironic after I posted Lou’s 4 ball run I predicted he would post his 100 ball run. He is obviously very proud of his 100 ball run and has posted it numerous times. I have run 100 balls and I am proud of it. Many people are proud of this accomplishment. However, it has been done probably over a million times.

Over 600 has been done once and over 525 twice. John should be super proud of his accomplishment which I am sure he is. Hopefully, the tiny sized knockers don’t effect him too much.

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member

So I'm guessing that's with the video?

Seriously, now that it's been brought up are they going to make one?

Can they make one for my 1000 ball one-handed run?

I just want to hear how the wives went there every day and watched the guy intently for hours at end for months literally. Seriously let's hope they don't get into trouble with the justice system. cough, cough...

I guess if that is the case they have crossed over into real legal responsibility.
https://www.shouselaw.com/perjury.html.
up to 4 years of it.

It's really sad this is a topic of conversation.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree and so do all others that are rational + not trolling.

Thank you for pointing this out. Balls is the exception to the rule on this or any other forum. Some people just don't belong on there and are usually weeded out in time. Let's hope this is the case here.

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for pointing this out. Balls is the exception to the rule on this or any other forum. Some people just don't belong on there and are usually weeded out in time. Let's hope this is the case here.
But he paid his 5 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had the OP used the SEARCH function this ENTIRE thread would have never happened. Just sayin.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Nah, someone else would have found something else to piss and moan about like maybe juicing, or 5 hour energy drinks.

Had the OP used the SEARCH function this ENTIRE thread would have never happened. Just sayin.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nah, someone else would have found something else to piss and moan about like maybe juicing, or 5 hour energy drinks.
Entirely possible but at least THIS thread would have never happened. My point is that using AZB's SEARCH function will usually answer most any question. Search first, ask second. Would stop a lot of endless, mindless troll-fests.

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Entirely possible but at least THIS thread would have never happened. My point is that using AZB's SEARCH function will usually answer most any question. Search first, ask second. Would stop a lot of endless, mindless troll-fests.
I get the search thing you should have a look first. However, I feel like any post can start a troll fest. If people didn't want to be trolls this thread would have ended at 5 posts not 200.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get the search thing you should have a look first. However, I feel like any post can start a troll fest. If people didn't want to be trolls this thread would have ended at 5 posts not 200.

Good point.

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
True but than we would be missing out on the thousands of threads like.

What is the best tip to play with......

:)

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone is entitled to their opinion on here as far as I'm concerned. This is a pool "forum" after all. Lou and I tend to not agree on quite a few things, but I would never tell him he cannot disagree with me, just as I can disagree with him. IMO playing ability is irrelevant when it comes to offering opinions. On this forum a rank beginner may have something to add to the conversation that is relevant to him/her. We each can decide for ourselves whose opinion is more valid and carries more weight.

On another subject I like when guys throw shade on another poster with a little brag about their own accomplishments. "Oh by the way my high run is 150." Of course they make sure to remind us of that about a dozen times a year. Hell, I probably do that too. I just have to dig a little deeper to find something to brag about, "I won a game of Banks against Dennis once." :grin:

Tried to give you rep on this one but I gotta spread it around.

Lou Figueroa

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I'm guessing that's with the video?

Seriously, now that it's been brought up are they going to make one?

Can they make one for my 1000 ball one-handed run?

I just want to hear how the wives went there every day and watched the guy intently for hours at end for months literally. Seriously let's hope they don't get into trouble with the justice system. cough, cough...

I guess if that is the case they have crossed over into real legal responsibility.

https://www.shouselaw.com/perjury.html.

up to 4 years of it.

It's really sad this is a topic of conversation.
You need to take a step back and breathe. You're the only one who is worried about legal ramifications of a crime that isn't worth committing.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Your welcome. I almost fell for 5he bait but, I figured why or who would be worried about legal issues with John's 14.1 on video?

Just didn't make sense so, thats why I posted what I posted.

Have a good one sir,

Jeff