Favorite Brunswick Gold Crown I Color Scheme?

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't even remember what you were claiming any more.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What are you, a wise guy? I've been extremely consistent on this point: that blue light is blue light, whether it's direct from a source (emitter) or reflected. See my posts 19, 21, and 29, as well as the one you just quoted.

What is it that you are saying I don't remember?

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Just In...

Man In Critical Condition After Hearing Slightly Differing Viewpoint

April 13th, 2019

article-4010-1.jpg

GLENDALE, CA—A man was rushed to the hospital yesterday after encountering a slightly different viewpoint than his own Saturday.

Shortly before 12:30 p.m., Glendale PD officers responded to a 911 call at the Java Lounge Coffee House in the 900 block of North Emerson Road. They found a person, identified only by his nickname, "logical," who had collapsed in shock. Witnesses say the man was having a casual conversation about billiard table colors with another patron when the minutely opposing viewpoint was expressed.

"They were both pool players, and both engineers, I think," said Janice Hughson, a barista at the Java Lounge. "Then the guy he was talking to said he thought that blue light was blue light, whether it was reflected from the cloth or direct from a source. That's when the man seized up and began foaming at the mouth. It was terrible."

Four other bystanders were also emotionally injured by the moderately divergent opinion but were not hospitalized.

The man is being kept stable on ideology support at St. Francis medical center, surrounded by friends and family who agree with him 100% on every single issue.

The man who suggested the slightly differing opinion fled the scene. Anyone with information is asked to alert the authorities.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Man In Critical Condition After Hearing Slightly Differing Viewpoint

April 13th, 2019

article-4010-1.jpg

GLENDALE, CA—A man was rushed to the hospital yesterday after encountering a slightly different viewpoint than his own Saturday.

Shortly before 12:30 p.m., Glendale PD officers responded to a 911 call at the Java Lounge Coffee House in the 900 block of North Emerson Road. They found a person, identified only by his nickname, "logical," who had collapsed in shock. Witnesses say the man was having a casual conversation about billiard table colors with another patron when the minutely opposing viewpoint was expressed.

"They were both pool players, and both engineers, I think," said Janice Hughson, a barista at the Java Lounge. "Then the guy he was talking to said he thought that blue light was blue light, whether it was reflected from the cloth or direct from a source. That's when the man seized up and began foaming at the mouth. It was terrible."

Four other bystanders were also emotionally injured by the moderately divergent opinion but were not hospitalized.

The man is being kept stable on ideology support at St. Francis medical center, surrounded by friends and family who agree with him 100% on every single issue.

The man who suggested the slightly differing opinion fled the scene. Anyone with information is asked to alert the authorities.
Yes, I'm clearly the one in really deep.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I'm clearly the one in really deep.

Hey, look at that EMT. Is she NOT wearing a uniform in TOURNAMENT BLUE??? Supposed to make patients calmer AND pocket more balls after being discharged. ;)

Last edited:

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Well, this thread from last year was a hoot to peruse on a Sunday morning with a cup of coffee. :lol:

It's always enjoyable seeing folks GC1's and the favor toward original colors (retro/original) and stained out rehab's. Mine was typical Blue/White out of an Ohio college student union that also had Brunswick bowling lanes. Cleared out to make additional office space.

I went stained but appreciate the original's. Personally think the poplar is kind of fun and a little different than my previous Medalist. Mahogany stain on poplar is an excellent blend to the Formica rosewood rails.

To date I have not experienced "eye strain" or blue light nightmares with the Simonis Tournament blue cloth. :lmao:

Here's its twin brother...which I think is out of the same college buy. Born in '61 myself it's fascinating to think about the young college folks who knocked balls around as students in the early and mid 60's. Am sure there must be hundreds of great stories about the people and the play that I'll never have the privilege of knowing.

Attachments

• GC1 Stained.JPG
    GC1 Stained.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 207

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My understanding is that the GC I's were all painted, white legs for all, and "Blue, Gold, Tangerine and Classic White (aprons); cloth colors of Tangerine, Blue, Gold and Monarch Green." (From the Brunswick catalog.)

The GC II came out in 1975 with "Color Options: Rosewood" - period! The first GC in a wood-grain finish, apparently with a rosewood colored stain.

The GC III came out in 1997 with "Color Options: Mahogany, Matte Black, Poly Black." So, 13 years of I's painted, 21 years of II's with rosewood stain, and so on.

Incorrect info, sir.

The GCII only ran two years and the GCIII made its debut in 1976. There is no way it could have been 1997 as I learned to play in a room in the early '90's that had brand new GCIII's.

49622721612_87e36a1f40_c.jpg

49621934498_8b733e2cd9_c.jpg

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's Blue and White for me! Here's my recently restored GCI with matching custom light and restored GC Cue Rack.

49725546583_f658784cff_b.jpg

49603463506_8781ef3ab1_b.jpg

oknazevad

Registered
Ok, I feel the need to weigh in on the blue light thing. Let's turn to the American Academy of Opthamology, shall we:
https://www.aao.org/eye-health/tips-prevention/blue-light-digital-eye-strain

Long and short of it, is that blue light is blue light regardless of being emitted or reflected, and, while it is higher energy than red light, as energy of a wave is proportional to frequency, that doesn't amount to a significant contributor to increased eye strain. Eye strain is usually caused by fatigue factors, not the color of light. Anyone trying to sell you blue-blocking eyewear on that basis is just using bad science for marketing.

The real reason that blue works for pool table cloth (and tennis courts) is that the eye finds greater contrast against a blue background, an evolutionary advantage on a planet with a blue sky.

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Ok, I feel the need to weigh in on the blue light thing. Let's turn to the American Academy of Opthamology, shall we:
https://www.aao.org/eye-health/tips-prevention/blue-light-digital-eye-strain

Long and short of it, is that blue light is blue light regardless of being emitted or reflected, and, while it is higher nervy than red light, that doesn't amount to a significant contributor to increased eye strain. Eye strain is usually caused by fatigue factors, not the color of light. Anyone trying to sell you blue-blocking eyewear on that basis is just using bad science for marketing.

The real reason that blue works for pool table cloth (and tennis courts) is that the eye finds greater contrast against a blue background, and evolutionary advantage on a planet with a blue sky.

I read somewhere that humans see more shades of green than any other color and that they also saw more contrast on green because of evolution and hunting and so on. Dont know whether any of that is true, I mean it did come from the interweb where everything you read is supposed to be true. :confused::confused::confused::confused::)

My GCI

P.S. this picture was taken before I got my wife to help me put on the plastic gulley blinds (she actually put them on because I couldnt fit my hands up there to get the fasteners in)

picture.php

Last edited:

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Long and short of it, is that blue light is blue light regardless of being emitted or reflected

Exactly so. But prolonged blue light does exposure does disrupt sleep, and contributes to accelerated macular degeneration.

Navig8er

I actually like just plain black with chrome but that's either a very extensive refurb or a newer GC.

I went this direction with my home table and am pretty happy. The decals make a huge difference regardless of color scheme.
e2d6b3b2349dad644aaaae12760b874d.jpg
dc307e327264a7355e87a4dc48e6fe3f.jpg

What color are the decals on your table black? Need to order some and not sure to get black or silver. I’m restoring my table to look exactly like yours…beautiful btw!