Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Dale Perrys on ebay.. anyone ever win the auction lol
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#46)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member

Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
11-02-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteypooldude View Post
Don't get your point. I bought one with the stage IV shaft .
Looks and plays fantastic .
My point is im impulsive and bought a stick i didnt need or want somehow.

Old
  (#47)
TheThaiger
Banned
TheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-02-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
Oh so I guess obvious manufacting defects to you are the sign of a great cue. remind me not to take either of your advice on anything.
Another one! Just put me on ignore straightaway to save time.

Old
  (#48)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-02-2012, 12:22 PM

an fyi on sniping programs (and I know the op is looking for dp purchase advice).

sniping is not voodoo, or any big mysterious marvel. It is simply a program that places a bid for you. As JB mentioned, the huge advantage in using one is you can "set it and forget it". The program has your log in and account info and you set it for when you want your max bid placed and you can go about your other biz and not have to think about it. And, itwill only use the minimum incremental amount needed to leapfrog any other high bidder.

I've been using a sniper program on ebay for many years and enjoy the convenience it provides. It's just that, a convenience.

Also, you got some great advice from Kevin along with a link so you can check previous dp sales to determine where to set your price to have success.

As for DP cues, they are a good bang for the buck, imo, but be advised that if you need customer service, Dale can be about as accomodating as Meucci.

For those unaware, this is not a compliment.

GL to the op with getting a dp at a reasonable price.

best,
brian kc

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

Last edited by Kickin' Chicken; 11-02-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Dale perry cues
Old
  (#49)
mortuarymike-nv
mortuarymike-nv
mortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Dale perry cues - 11-02-2012, 01:08 PM

I had a dale perry in for repairs.
There was a problem with the glue, ferrule and joint came loose,
I couldnt save the ferrule, and replaced the tip.
the first repair was 1/3 of what the cue sold for new.

MMike

MMike

Old
  (#50)
bigshooter
<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
bigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond repute

11-02-2012, 03:37 PM

There is only one winner on every Dale Perry cue auction... and his name is Dale Perry.

Old
  (#51)
mearlin
You are now a toa..ZZZzzz
mearlin is on a distinguished road

vCash: 800

11-02-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
There is only one winner on every Dale Perry cue auction... and his name is Dale Perry.
When anyone buys any other cue, the winner is always the cue maker, especially if they can make them at a high volume with little cost. Any business strives to make money for as little out of pocket cost as possible.

The last and only Lucasi I owned came apart in my hands, the forearm just fell off. Cue was about 5 years old and had never been outside of my pool room, which is temperature controlled.

I'm thinking anyone can make a bad cue here and there. Mass production usually exacerbates the issue due to so many cues being made.

The quality control can become lax due to more than one person inspecting the cues. One persons quality is not the same as another persons.

Old
  (#52)
bigshooter
<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
bigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond reputebigshooter has a reputation beyond repute

11-02-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mearlin View Post
When anyone buys any other cue, the winner is always the cue maker, especially if they can make them at a high volume with little cost. Any business strives to make money for as little out of pocket cost as possible.

The last and only Lucasi I owned came apart in my hands, the forearm just fell off. Cue was about 5 years old and had never been outside of my pool room, which is temperature controlled.

I'm thinking anyone can make a bad cue here and there. Mass production usually exacerbates the issue due to so many cues being made.

The quality control can become lax due to more than one person inspecting the cues. One persons quality is not the same as another persons.
I have no beef with Dale Perry or his cues, I was just being a smart*** cause' i'm good at it.
I shoot with a production Joss and I like it.
I've actually bid on a few of his cues just to I could try one out but I've never won either since I'm cheap. I'm guessing for the price you can't go too wrong.

Old
  (#53)
mearlin
You are now a toa..ZZZzzz
mearlin is on a distinguished road

vCash: 800

11-02-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
I have no beef with Dale Perry or his cues, I was just being a smart*** cause' i'm good at it.
I shoot with a production Joss and I like it.
I've actually bid on a few of his cues just to I could try one out but I've never won either since I'm cheap. I'm guessing for the price you can't go too wrong.
I know Bigshooter

I never have a problem with your posts. You allowed me to state my opinion, so I took it. Much appreciated.

Old
  (#54)
Cardinal_Syn
Julz
Cardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2375

11-02-2012, 05:48 PM

I've always wondered how his cues played for years and they're going cheap enough to warrant a bid . Waited last minute put a bid of $2.50 higher and sure enough I won it lol. It's one of those cases were I didn't really care if I got out bid or not as I'm sure there will be more opportunity to bid at other ones. Got the cue yesterday and maybe it's a hit or miss thing with his cues but for what I got it is a bargain. For the price I paid the quality is pretty darn good and shoots pretty solid. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again. I would buy one over most production cues (Viking, Cuetech, Players, etc). Except for Joss and Schon cause I just love my Schons . Anyways for something to just shoot around with without caring too much these cues I feel are a bargain.

I complained I had no shoes
Until I found out I had no feet

Old
  (#55)
Atlatlien
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Atlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2535

Talking 11-02-2012, 06:35 PM

Played in the bar tournament last week with my new one and didn't lose a game in 7 matches. IMO they shoot pretty damn good for what you can get one for. Looks good enough to sell it locally for at least 1/3 more than I paid for it. I'm keeping this one though. It seems to shoot better than I do.

Old
  (#56)
peteypooldude
I see Edges
peteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond repute

11-02-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal_Syn View Post
I've always wondered how his cues played for years and they're going cheap enough to warrant a bid . Waited last minute put a bid of $2.50 higher and sure enough I won it lol. It's one of those cases were I didn't really care if I got out bid or not as I'm sure there will be more opportunity to bid at other ones. Got the cue yesterday and maybe it's a hit or miss thing with his cues but for what I got it is a bargain. For the price I paid the quality is pretty darn good and shoots pretty solid. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again. I would buy one over most production cues (Viking, Cuetech, Players, etc). Except for Joss and Schon cause I just love my Schons . Anyways for something to just shoot around with without caring too much these cues I feel are a bargain.
How much ? 250$ or $2.50

"I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a more intellegent statement than this one." - Unknown

"'i didnt shoot bad the table beat me' - Did the table miscue for you too?" - JCIN

"My game will be your teacher." - CJ Wiley
AKA-Body-Lock

Old
  (#57)
Cardinal_Syn
Julz
Cardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2375

11-03-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteypooldude View Post
How much ? 250$ or $2.50
I bought it $2.50 over what the highest bidder was at the time which was the first bid I threw and to my surprise didn't get out bid.

I complained I had no shoes
Until I found out I had no feet

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: