What have I got ???????

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi I bought 20 old cues a couple weeks ago , and these 4 ( only 3 in picture , 4th cue exactly like these ) Old Brunswick , I am not knowing what they are and what value , if any . All roll pretty good , 2 almost perfect the other 2 center of shaft shows light , tips do not leave table on any . Thanks Jim

Points are very sharp at bottom , but not at top . points are even .

Cues are 57" long .

Looks like Rosewood ??

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
I see conversions in the very near future, whats the cost for a conversion jim?? send me a PM. as far as value, I hope for you good, but I doubt it, it still doesn't take away from these old classics.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can't remember seeing the full splice done backwards like that in any other old cues.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think the butts are maple all the way down.
I have a couple old Brunswicks like that.

You can see the maple at the bottom of the butt where the paint has worn out.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Jim,

Chris noticed the points are cut backwards. They look like backward cut Dufferin's to me. The crown logo dates them to 1960's or later. I haven't seen this set either, probably were something offered in a pool table starter package.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks All for the comments . I think I will cut them for convertions . Do not think I am destroying any Historical Pieces . Jim

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes , The points are painted on . I sanded one down , nice wood under the paint . One has some nice curly showing . I think I will make some 30' shafts maybe 31 or 32 . Old wood , should be nice shafts . Jim

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
Jim, I think you have the right idea for shaft wood. This is already seasoned with age. I think it will be very nice for that. That curly one would make a nice "fiddle back" shaft. I'm still enjoying the JP's you made for my Tasc Hoppe.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cut the fiddle back one today . right now 36" long . I think its going to be a awesome shaft . Very stiff . 13.2 mm at tip , but that will be brought back when I cut for length . Seems very straight , I know it will be straight , when finished . jim

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
I'd say make at least one jump cue if not all of em. That'd be sweet shaft wood too!

Nice find.

Rob.M