What is the Predator vault plate/V-TEk pad?

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, I tried searching for this answer and couldn’t find anything so I apologize if it’s been asked and answered.

But are the pad’s or “vault plates” or “v-tek silencers pads” (lol) on the revo shafts just a red phenolic pad? That’s what it looks like to me...but I’m just wondering if anyone knows what it actually is?

Thanks for your time.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, I tried searching for this answer and couldn’t find anything so I apologize if it’s been asked and answered.

But are the pad’s or “vault plates” or “v-tek silencers pads” (lol) on the revo shafts just a red phenolic pad? That’s what it looks like to me...but I’m just wondering if anyone knows what it actually is?

Thanks for your time.

V-tek silencer pad. (Vulcanized) It is NOT the same as the fiber pad.

IMG_20200319_141241.jpg

Buddy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your picture does not look like my Revo or any I have seen mine has a vault plate then the red v-tek tip silencer,are you able to get the v-tek silencers?

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your picture does not look like my Revo or any I have seen mine has a vault plate then the red v-tek tip silencer,are you able to get the v-tek silencers?

I got those direct from Predator. Which picture are you referring to? The picture of the pads or the end of the shaft with a V-tek and fiber pad together so you can see the difference?

Last edited:

StrokeAnalyzer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The vault plate sets below the ferrule? Seems the plate would have to have a hole in it. So its really a vault donut?

Maybe a list with the order of the parts will clarify. I see 5 parts in the shaft pic...really?

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
vault plate.jpg

The vault plate caps off the tubular CF shaft and serves as the mount for the fiber spacer ( silencer).

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The vault plate sets below the ferrule? Seems the plate would have to have a hole in it. So its really a vault donut?

Maybe a list with the order of the parts will clarify. I see 5 parts in the shaft pic...really?

In my picture. My point was the the V-tek silencer is not the same as the fiber pad.
But anyways
1- Vault plate
2- V-tek silencer pad
3- Standard fiber pad
4- Kamui clear tip.

Stock Revo
Vault plate
V-Tek silencer
Tip.

Last edited:

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It’s not a fiber spacer!!!!!!

The word "fiber" is a generic term. There are multitudes of different fiber composites, going back as far as Bakelite in the '20's. Unless the disc is a specific material, like nylon, or rubber, or wood, or some metal, I don't see what's so horrifying about using the word "fiber".

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The word "fiber" is a generic term. There are multitudes of different fiber composites, going back as far as Bakelite in the '20's. Unless the disc is a specific material, like nylon, or rubber, or wood, or some metal, I don't see what's so horrifying about using the word "fiber".

Because there are literally things called “fiber pads” and that’s the name they’ve went by forever. The v-tek pad is a red phenolic based(not fiber) material cut down to pad size. The actual fiber pads are punched from a large sheet.