how much should i expect or look to pay for,,,,,,

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see them for sale in my area (Northeast/New England) for 500-1000 in decent condition. Up to about 1500 for nice condition. I wouldn't pay much over that.

IMO, it's best to get a valley table as cheaply as possible and then install ridgeback rails and new cloth!

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
I wouldn't pay more than 500, but I'm pretty patient and am a bargain hunter.

Look on FB Marketplace. I just found a nice Valley table nearby for 350 bucks.

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Ya i really dont wsnt to pay over 300 if i can get away with it

But thanks for the numbers
Seemed about what they sell for

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got mine for a hundred. He was asking $500, but it was in a basement bar and had to come up a tiny flight of service stairs. Was probably a couple hundred in aggravation to get it out.

Don't be scared to lowball if you can be patient. "I don't mean to be insulting, but if you get stuck with no buyers I can offer $200. Please message me if you want it gone." A lot of the time the money is a secondary concern to just getting it out of their hair.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP, valley tables are not exactly.....sought after. People that have them bought them on the cheap and will "most" of the time, sell on the cheap.

I see Valleys on the market for free if "someone" will haul it away.

I have a friend, bless his heart, he bought a Valley barbox. Well, he gave $200 for the table then, lol....he paid a table guy about $1,400 to what he called, "diamnize" the table.

It played better as a Valley. Now, he has $1,600 in a table that still gets offers of $300...to....$500...but, he's asking $1,200....lol......NOT.

A used Red Label Diamond barbox went for $1,800 a month ago just down the road from him.

That's his table for life I'm afraid.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rare information

I see a lot for sale in the $700 - $1,000 range. If you are patient enough, you will eventually find one for very cheap ($300 - $500).

Most of the cheaper ones have a broken coin mechanism which is fine for a home table.

Before moving the table, remove the slate. It's easy to do and will make your life a million times easier.

As someone else suggested, add simonis cloth and ridgeback rails and you will have a great table for a great price. I did it once and here is my cost breakdown:

Valley Table: $430
Simonis Cloth: $235
Ridgeback Rails: $225

Total: $890

I also bought balls, a light, glue, instruction DVDs, and some tools but you may not need that.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Aren't "I don't mean to be insulting" and "with all due respect" both insulting?

If you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly, go all the way down to $50

I got mine for a hundred. He was asking $500, but it was in a basement bar and had to come up a tiny flight of service stairs. Was probably a couple hundred in aggravation to get it out.

Don't be scared to lowball if you can be patient. "I don't mean to be insulting, but if you get stuck with no buyers I can offer $200. Please message me if you want it gone." A lot of the time the money is a secondary concern to just getting it out of their hair.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I was with you until Ridgeback. Love the Penguin pro cut rails, have you given those a whirl yet? If not, give er a go sometime if you can.

Most of the cheaper ones have a broken coin mechanism which is fine for a home table.

Before moving the table, remove the slate. It's easy to do and will make your life a million times easier.

As someone else suggested, add simonis cloth and ridgeback rails and you will have a great table for a great price. I did it once and here is my cost breakdown:

I also bought balls, a light, glue, instruction DVDs, and some tools but you may not need that.[/QUOTE]

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Our bar just bought a used valley Dynamo last year to match our 2nd table. Believe they paid 600, coin op and all

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I look on Craigslist periodically. A lot of times they turn up for free, just come and get it.
I got mine for $500, but it was in excellent condition, but that’s here in Denver.
The market may be different where you are, but if you’re patient and persistent I would bet
you’ll be able to pick one up for a couple of hundred or less

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
all over the place

Dealers typically want $700 to a thousand. I missed a nice one in my backyard for thirty dollars. Four to seven hundred is pretty common around here. If you don't particularly want a Valley often better tables are available cheaper. I Passed on a very nice nine foot table for $200. I was unable to move it fast.

Watching estate sales can be an excellent way to get a table. They aren't usually sought there and everything is usually discounted to half-price the last day of the sale. The table I passed on was way underpriced at $400 and sold for $190 when the buyer bargained them down a few bucks from $200. At least a $1200 table.

Seek and you shall find. It can be hard to find exactly what you want where you want it and for the price you want to pay though. When you aren't looking you trip over things, when you are looking all of a sudden the market dries up, or so it seems to me!

Hu

JC

Coos Cues
I see a lot for sale in the $700 - $1,000 range. If you are patient enough, you will eventually find one for very cheap ($300 - $500).

I also bought balls, a light, glue, instruction DVDs, and some tools but you may not need that.

You can make a dolly to move them with scrap wood and 20 buck worth of harbor freight wheels. We made a couple of them and have moved a bunch of tables with them.

JC

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Great point. Our senior center got a beautiful 3C table for free because the guy who had it sold his house and couldn't take it with him, the new owner didn't want it, and if he couldn't find it a home he would have had to commit table-cide with a sledgehammer.