Pool Ball Collecting.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can any of you pool ball luminaries elucidate me on the differences in these Centennials? Approx age etc.

I see a difference in color, font, the darts, and the underline.

View attachment 547006

Balls on the left with the smaller darts are probably '70's, '80's or early '90's. The balls on the right with the larger darts are later; mid-late '90's on up.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thank you for those kind words, Mr B. Always much appreciated, sir.

That beautiful globe-style set must have a name I suppose, dear fellow. Alas, I don’t know it. If anyone could find me a pristine example I would be sincerely grateful indeed.

You must think the world of these,,,,:cool:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry man... those are all fake.. :(

What makes you say that? Here's a pic of the 6, 7 and 9 from an old set I have (1970's) and a brand new set. The older balls (smaller darts, flat indicator under the 6 & 9) look like the balls pocket posted. I think they are legit, just old(er).

49813548321_6f2aac8a12_c.jpg

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
sorry man... those are all fake.. :(

Different companies have made Centennials for Brunswick.
In the 90s, Super Crystalate of the UK made some before Aramith took over...they also took
over Super Crystalate.

The first Centennials I owned were made by Hyatt....I think.

So there will be small variations.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Roulette Pool.

Good evening, everyone.

The following five images detail a custom ball project I have been working on recently. If any collectors could spare time to read through the article and offer their thoughts, all feedback would be most welcome and received with sincere thanks.

My apologies for the rather poor resolution. I had to drastically reduce file sizes in order to upload to the forum.

Last edited:

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My sincerely apologies, RC, for submitting a new ball post moments after your incredible contribution, sir, and the stunning Roulette designs proffered.

I’ll remove my post and make way for members to post up replies and thoughts.

~ K.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good evening, Mr K. :)

Sincere thanks, dear fellow. You were an inspiration behind the Roulette Pool idea on so many levels, of course, sir.

And please don't apologise for sharing another wonderful addition to the phenomenal K2Kraze Kollection, my friend. There is more than enough room for us all on the thread, old chap. Reinstate your post with all due haste... I'm eager to see what you have discovered.

Best wishes,

RC.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being a perennial, tireless adventurist and explorer of all things new in the world of billiard balls, I have the privilege to push aside any notions of “buyer’s remorse” in pursuit of the next great find. You never know what you’ll find - and, ultimately, they’re all worth exploring.

But first.....from all of my years exploring as a collector and impassioned enthusiast of pool balls, one thing I keep seeing throughout the forums and occasionally here within the Pool Ball Collector thread is this: “Why does anyone (any company) keep messing with new designs on pool balls when the traditional colors and (Centennial) look is perfect?” Au contraire, my fellow phenolic fans - perfection and beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Seems like what we really have is a bunch of folks that don’t like change and keep using the same old excuses.....with the one making me chuckle the most is the adage that changed colors or ball designs make it more difficult to play. Distracting and unnecessary. This is pure folly - and certainly a mental blockade of sorts for those mumbling such drivel. May I kindly suggest a shooting coach or professional hypnosis, sirs?

Around these parts, when someone mentions anything about ball colors or designs throwing off their game, you’ll hear a quick quip to triple their ante and a challenge for the complainer to choose any of a few hundred ball sets on hand to get out onto the baize for a quick exhibition of how to run all 15 balls with nary a foul or miss. Pony up. Let’s put your distracting theory to the ultimate test.

Now - who’s first to take me up on this friendly challenge?

Lo and behold, this is what was picked from the ball vault this past weekend - a new addition just begging for attention:

Introducing the Dynaspheres

656097ebbbb32ed350231e01387e8d8a.jpg

And a personal favorite lineup pic:

c650006287b55057e094148cdd6bbb6e.jpg

In person, stunning. On the table and in play - dare I say incomparable.

Here they were racked before the first runout:

b54ebda120d43e25c7fe9bf249c62eb6.jpg

Accompanied by a few pics of the flawless and supreme quality ball storage box for PBC fans:

cbbab3f242c67864a425c02a7bb68e58.plist

22efbae5d03b8fbb527493e0c9347309.jpg

The $50 posted wager was quickly pocketed as the Dynaspheres were potted inside of a pre-run requirement of 4:59 with just enough time left over to offer a pleasant “Wager again, sir?”.

No takers.

Must have been the incredible *new balls with their fancy *new colors and flashy *new rotor outline design that made that look so easy, I heard.

Bottom line - They all loved the balls. Even if only via FaceTime and shared video runs.

And I had $50 to put toward another adventurous ball find - if they ever pay up

Speaking of runout exhibitions with introduced ball sets here within the PBC thread, perhaps it’s time to post up a short clip showing treasured ball sets in action.

More to come on the Dynaspheres soon...

Play well, my friends -

~ K.

Last edited:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good morning, Mr K. :)

Your beautiful photographs of the Dynaspheres are better than the company’s own promotional images, dear fellow. I had harboured concerns that the balls sported a slightly matte finish, but having now seen your post it’s clear they boast a wonderfully deep lustre.

Thank you so much for sharing the report, my friend. The Dynaspheres are joining my wish list for sure.

Best wishes,

RC.