AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Grand Champion 3 pockets
Old
  (#1)
Ih82luz
AzB Silver Member
Ih82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Grand Champion 3 pockets - 11-15-2014, 05:16 PM

Olhausen has a new pocket for the GC3, but I believe it has a high back profile and it's not as low as the standard plastic bucket.

Does anyone know if a Diamond bucket/pocket would be compatible with the Olhausen?

Old
  (#2)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

11-16-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih82luz View Post
Olhausen has a new pocket for the GC3, but I believe it has a high back profile and it's not as low as the standard plastic bucket.

Does anyone know if a Diamond bucket/pocket would be compatible with the Olhausen?
You'd have to post some pictures up as I have no idea what you're taking about, need to see it first.

Old
  (#3)
Ih82luz
AzB Silver Member
Ih82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond reputeIh82luz has a reputation beyond repute

11-16-2014, 01:32 PM

Here are the current buckets.

I'm thinking I'd need to have the cushions extended for the diamond pockets.

I want the low profile leather instead of the current plastic ones.
Attached Images

Old
  (#4)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

11-16-2014, 01:44 PM

Well, first of all, the Diamond pockets won't fit on any other tables built. Second, to fit a GC pocket casting, the pockets need to be screwed in to the castings on both sides, and Olhausen don't make pockets that fit a GC that I'm aware of, nailing in pockets can mount them on any pool table, but that don't make it right.

Table
Old
  (#5)
ROB.M
:)
ROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 980

Table - 11-16-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:

-
A diamond billiards pool table pocket is not a direct fit to any other table...
Diamonds pockets are not "flush" they have a smooth transition from the pocket to the rail but do stick up. If you want the same type of results all you have to do is make the transition on a plastic pocket smooth...making it low profile'

Enjoy'

Rob.M

Last edited by ROB.M; 11-16-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Old
  (#6)
Ih82luz
AzB Silver Member

11-17-2014, 06:38 AM

Ok, thank you for the feedback.

Old
  (#7)
Club Billiards
Absolute Billiard Service
Club Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond reputeClub Billiards has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900
  Send a message via AIM to Club Billiards  
11-21-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Here are the current buckets.

I'm thinking I'd need to have the cushions extended for the diamond pockets.

I want the low profile leather instead of the current plastic ones.
Olhausen does have a leather bucket pocket available , but it's the same style as the plastic bucket you have now. To change the style youd have to change the way the pocket mounts. Diamond's are "flush" because the pockets sit in a recess in the top of the rail. Your corner castings don't have that recess so any pocket is going to sit on top like that. The leather bucket pockets are nice. They look and feel better than the plastic in my opinion.

Josh Ebert
Absolute Billiard Service
Dayton, Ohio
(937)609-2049
www.AbsoluteBilliardService.com

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: