Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Mosconi Cup Day 4 - Lineup
Page 4 of 11 « First 234 56 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-28-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinNC View Post
To confirm, has Billy won that first match?
confirmed .

Old
  (#47)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

11-28-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinNC View Post
To confirm, has Billy won that first match?
Yes, super clutch playing from Thorpe.

I thought his shot on the 3 ball after Shaw missed the 3-4 combination (I think the score was 2-2 at that point) was the key shot of the match.

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Old
  (#48)
asbani
AzB Silver Member
asbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 498

11-28-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post
Shaw misses a long straight one down the rail, hitting it hard to draw back. Billy cleans up the remaining 5 balls, 4-3. Unlike on previous days, Billy not showing any emotion, staying very calm in his last match in the cup.

Billy breaks and gets an open table. Very runnable for the win.
What boggles my mind is that Shaw was playing great in the international tournament owning the table and every shot with his Peri cue, and now on the Mosconi he changes his cue to a new one, some ppl might argue that its the player and not the cue, but here you see it in front of your eyes, his game isn't the same, why on earth would you change a cue that you just won a major tournament with, it doesn't make sense to me.

Old
  (#49)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

11-28-2019, 01:01 PM

it's on kaÁi now to keep the yanks from reaching hill. styer has been moaning about klenti soft breaking, so it will be interesting

Old
  (#50)
pab
Center ball can do it all
pab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond repute

11-28-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBum View Post
Yes, super clutch playing from Thorpe.

I thought his shot on the 3 ball after Shaw missed the 3-4 combination (I think the score was 2-2 at that point) was the key shot of the match.
Wow - never would have thought this in a million years. Congrats to Mr. Thorpe and Team USA!! Keep it going...

Playing Cue - Jacoby, Edge Hybrid shaft
Break Cue - Jacoby, Heavy Hitter

Old
  (#51)
BRussell
AzB Silver Member
BRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond repute

11-28-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one stroke View Post
He flat out dogged it he's done now stick fork in him and the Euro's

The US can lose 3-2 from here and still win the cup.

Old
  (#52)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

11-28-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbani View Post
What boggles my mind is that Shaw was playing great in the international tournament owning the table and every shot with his Peri cue, and now on the Mosconi he changes his cue to a new one, some ppl might argue that its the player and not the cue, but here you see it in front of your eyes, his game isn't the game, why on earth would you change a cue that you just won a major tournament with, it doesn't make sense to me.
it's probably just showcasing another peri design. same shaft i'd guess. i don't think it affected his play

Old
  (#53)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

11-28-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbani View Post
What boggles my mind is that Shaw was playing great in the international tournament owning the table and every shot with his Peri cue, and now on the Mosconi he changes his cue to a new one, some ppl might argue that its the player and not the cue, but here you see it in front of your eyes, his game isn't the same, why on earth would you change a cue that you just won a major tournament with, it doesn't make sense to me.
Im with you. It might be the player but In moments of pressure I want something I played with for a while that Iím not thinking about how itís going play.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#54)
BRussell
AzB Silver Member
BRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond repute

11-28-2019, 01:04 PM

Didnít Shaw single out Thorpe in the press conference as being the weakest US player? Revenge is sweet.

Old
  (#55)
benny-the-blade
AzB Silver Member
benny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond repute

11-28-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
The US can lose 3-2 from here and still win the cup.
Yeah, but that would mean Filler would lose in Game 21. That ainít happening.

(Nick van den Berg) is the most overrated player on the planet. Iíll bet against him until Iím bust. - iusedtoberich

Old
  (#56)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute

11-28-2019, 01:06 PM

This first match of day 4 is a great example what makes this MC fantastic when it comes to drama and difficult to guess what can happen under that kind of pressure when the value of each point is so high.
And here it is Jason coming with his worst game in this MC. That wrong decision on 3-ball in rack 8 was the last to cost the match. I'm sure Filler would just accept a tougher 4-ball with pretty natural position on the 5. I could not imagine a worse start of the match with that missed combo on the 9.
It makes the drama even bigger now with all that pressure on team Europe...

Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Last edited by S.Vaskovskyi; 11-28-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Old
  (#57)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

11-28-2019, 01:13 PM

That was a KEY match to win. Wow!

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#58)
Bob Farr
AzB Silver Member
Bob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

11-28-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Didnít Shaw single out Thorpe in the press conference as being the weakest US player? Revenge is sweet.
Yes, so happy for Billy. He had some bad press all week. Won a BIG game for USA!!!!!

Old
  (#59)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

11-28-2019, 01:18 PM

The pressure is getting to Styer big time, as he misses two chances in the first two racks to go up 2-0. Instead, it's 2-0 Euros, and I think this match is already in the books for Europe.

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Old
  (#60)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member

11-28-2019, 01:20 PM

both kaci and styer have had misses, but styer has missed easy ones. kaci owns this match

Page 4 of 11 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: