Mosconi Cup Day 4 - Lineup

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
To confirm, has Billy won that first match?

Yes, super clutch playing from Thorpe.

I thought his shot on the 3 ball after Shaw missed the 3-4 combination (I think the score was 2-2 at that point) was the key shot of the match.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw misses a long straight one down the rail, hitting it hard to draw back. Billy cleans up the remaining 5 balls, 4-3. Unlike on previous days, Billy not showing any emotion, staying very calm in his last match in the cup.

Billy breaks and gets an open table. Very runnable for the win.

What boggles my mind is that Shaw was playing great in the international tournament owning the table and every shot with his Peri cue, and now on the Mosconi he changes his cue to a new one, some ppl might argue that its the player and not the cue, but here you see it in front of your eyes, his game isn't the same, why on earth would you change a cue that you just won a major tournament with, it doesn't make sense to me.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's on kaçi now to keep the yanks from reaching hill. styer has been moaning about klenti soft breaking, so it will be interesting

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
Yes, super clutch playing from Thorpe.

I thought his shot on the 3 ball after Shaw missed the 3-4 combination (I think the score was 2-2 at that point) was the key shot of the match.

Wow - never would have thought this in a million years. Congrats to Mr. Thorpe and Team USA!! Keep it going...

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What boggles my mind is that Shaw was playing great in the international tournament owning the table and every shot with his Peri cue, and now on the Mosconi he changes his cue to a new one, some ppl might argue that its the player and not the cue, but here you see it in front of your eyes, his game isn't the game, why on earth would you change a cue that you just won a major tournament with, it doesn't make sense to me.

it's probably just showcasing another peri design. same shaft i'd guess. i don't think it affected his play

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What boggles my mind is that Shaw was playing great in the international tournament owning the table and every shot with his Peri cue, and now on the Mosconi he changes his cue to a new one, some ppl might argue that its the player and not the cue, but here you see it in front of your eyes, his game isn't the same, why on earth would you change a cue that you just won a major tournament with, it doesn't make sense to me.

Im with you. It might be the player but In moments of pressure I want something I played with for a while that I’m not thinking about how it’s going play.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn’t Shaw single out Thorpe in the press conference as being the weakest US player? Revenge is sweet.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This first match of day 4 is a great example what makes this MC fantastic when it comes to drama and difficult to guess what can happen under that kind of pressure when the value of each point is so high.
And here it is Jason coming with his worst game in this MC. That wrong decision on 3-ball in rack 8 was the last to cost the match. I'm sure Filler would just accept a tougher 4-ball with pretty natural position on the 5. I could not imagine a worse start of the match with that missed combo on the 9.
It makes the drama even bigger now with all that pressure on team Europe...

Last edited:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
The pressure is getting to Styer big time, as he misses two chances in the first two racks to go up 2-0. Instead, it's 2-0 Euros, and I think this match is already in the books for Europe.