eBay deal of the day

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-12-...683f:g:zasAAOSwKQ9aS8am&LH_ItemCondition=3000

If anyone tells this guy the real value let me know what the reply is. I would guess with "STFU you are an idiot, my cousin played with those cues against Fats and won 20,000 with them and a friend of my ex said they are worth a lot."

Having read the listing and looked at the other items they have listed, I would guess not..

It seems to me that they have absolutely no idea what they have, hence the 'Best Offer' feature on the listing. Unfortunately, they have an absurd shipping rate. Again, likely because they don't know what they have. Given the shipping rates on some of their other high-end items, it is likely that they want to be certain that these cues are packaged appropriately, in the case that they actually had value.

I would guess that a tactful suggestion may be kindly considered.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same sale has been relisted numerous times.

For many sellers, researching such things just isn't worth the time. They don't know what they have and they see some old pool cues going for hundreds. They decide on a price and take offers.

For people not into this, it really isn't worth the time to do the research usually.

What's funny is when they do take the time and get it wrong. Or they take a cue to the local pool hall and they get it wrong.

Most players don't really know cues, in fact a lot of what they think they know is wrong. Most guys that work at pool halls don't know cues.

Even most cue repair guys and cue makers have more limited knowledge than most might suppose. Some are very good at identifying specific makers.

The general public? They don't know. So we see sales like this.

It's the misidentifications and/or obviously made up stories that get me.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same sale has been relisted numerous times.

For many sellers, researching such things just isn't worth the time. They don't know what they have and they see some old pool cues going for hundreds. They decide on a price and take offers.

For people not into this, it really isn't worth the time to do the research usually.

What's funny is when they do take the time and get it wrong. Or they take a cue to the local pool hall and they get it wrong.

Most players don't really know cues, in fact a lot of what they think they know is wrong. Most guys that work at pool halls don't know cues.

Even most cue repair guys and cue makers have more limited knowledge than most might suppose. Some are very good at identifying specific makers.

The general public? They don't know. So we see sales like this.

It's the misidentifications and/or obviously made up stories that get me.

Excellent points.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In the fine print of the listing, it says stuff like:

.. meucci pool sticks, ginacue pool sticks, ... viking, more cue sticks,lots more pool sticks from more names like schon,tim scruggs, mcdermott, joss, palmer, huebler, mizerak, lucasi, falcon, Harvard ,dufferin, Kelly,etc.​

Let's see.... Should I get their Ginacue or their Mizerak? I've never heard of anyone named Gina who could play, so I'll get the Mizerak.

Actually, I already have a Mizerak and it doesn't play that badly since I got rid of the 7-ounce ferrule.:cool:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the fine print of the listing, it says stuff like:

.. meucci pool sticks, ginacue pool sticks, ... viking, more cue sticks,lots more pool sticks from more names like schon,tim scruggs, mcdermott, joss, palmer, huebler, mizerak, lucasi, falcon, Harvard ,dufferin, Kelly,etc.​

Let's see.... Should I get their Ginacue or their Mizerak? I've never heard of anyone named Gina who could play, so I'll get the Mizerak.

Actually, I already have a Mizerak and it doesn't play that badly since I got rid of the 7-ounce ferrule.:cool:

Obviously those are search tags. People do that on craigslist to just so their ad comes up in more searches.

It gets a bit ridiculous, but it works.