Bruswick Titlist Conversion Question

Bustah360

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been getting a couple of different answers regarding the points of a titlist. My question is, is it possible to have the points even when getting the titlist converted?

Some say there's a way to fix them or bring them relatively close. And then there are others who say that its impossible to have them perfect, and any titlist that has the points perfectly aligned have replicas and not the real deal titlist cue.

Can anyone clear this up for me?
Thx!

Russell Cues

Maverick Cue Builder
Silver Member
Points on an older full splice are hard to hold even. With todays more accurate machinery and techniques, a modern full splice blank can be turned and have the points stay even.
That being said, if there is enough "meat" on the cue being converted, and the maker is knowledgeable, you can have the points come out pretty even. So a titlist conversion with even points is not a "fake", unless of course it wasnt a titlist to begin with. My 2 cents.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is very often possible to bring them even. It takes effort and not every Titlist can be evened up on point length. The problem is how thin many of the forearms are. Many don't have enough diameter to offset the centers to even up the points.

Bustah360

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok so it boils down to how much "meat" or the size of diameter, for its points to have the chance of being evened up?

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok so it boils down to how much "meat" or the size of diameter, for its points to have the chance of being evened up?

Pretty much. It is a combination of:

1. how far 'off'' the points are on the Titlist
2. how big the diameter is at the location of the new joint
3. how far from the joint the points will be on the conversion

Dale

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member

Yes. You go with this person. Some say there's a way to fix them or bring them relatively close.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the end, it depends on the blank. I am doing a titlist conversion now. The 2 shortest points are on opposite sides. Can't bump all 4 even when that is the case.

Bustah360

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the end, it depends on the blank. I am doing a titlist conversion now. The 2 shortest points are on opposite sides. Can't bump all 4 even when that is the case.

Ok, so what you say is good quality craftsmanship when they're off by half inch from biggest to smallest? In other words what would be the best way to keep the cue's value up?

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Conversion

The points can always be adjusted to some degree. Best appproach is to spend more time and money finding a very suitable Blank. The end result will be directly affected by the quality of the blank

Mario

Last edited: