Peeved People Protest Presidential Pool

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
It all started (in 1836) when....

presidents table 1926 march bill mag.JPG
As published in Billiards Magazine March 1926

When it was accidentally revealed that a billiard table had been purchased for the Whitehouse - the poo hit the fan....

presidents tables.JPG

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
must have been a damn nice chess set for $25 (that long ago)
that's probably more than $250 today

Qstix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
be very interesting to find out where the original presidential table ended up .

If in good shape, I wonder what the value of something like that would be. Imagine playing billiards on the same table many presidents played over the years!

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
yeah - i'd love to see that table too :cool:

but unfortunately, the whitehouse not only has a long history of pool playing presidents - it also has a long history of first ladies that throw out billiard tables :eek:

lovely hillary, the bleep bleeep bleeep did it too...

you can say a lot of things about G.W. Bush - but at least he had the testicular fortitude to put a nice table back in the whitehouse.

hopefully mama obama doesnt pull a fast one

BooBoo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think there are four Gold Crown tables at Camp David. I don't remember where I read it but it was quite a while ago. Might of been Kennedy era. Can anybody help me here?

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
From the Brunswick site:

"...There was a Brunswick table in the White House during the administrations of several recent presidents. And when President Eisenhower established Camp David, it was furnished with not one, but four Brunswick tables. Every President since Eisenhower—Kennedy, Nixon, Carter, Clinton—has used those tables. "

More recently (in 1995) Brunswick donated a beautiful antique table to the Whitehouse to commerorate their 150th anniversary. (The Brunswick 'Jewel')

But Hillary had officially done away with the billiard room when she moved in.
(I knew there was a reason I didnt like her) So the table was installed at Camp David instead.

When the Bush family moved back in, the Whitehouse billiard room was once again "in play". So The Jewel was retrieved from Camp David and was installed where it was intended to be in the first place, in the Whitehouse.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
with all due respect, i don't see any credit being given to the newspaper, or the actual author of the story that she quoted literally word for word.

unless her real name is Carolyn Kaberline, that's not real cool in my book.

the real article source

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
with all due respect, i don't see any credit being given to the newspaper, or the actual author of the story that she quoted literally word for word.

unless her real name is Carolyn Kaberline, that's not real cool in my book.

the real article source

JAM was just posting the info, I never thought she wrote it. She's the fastest transcriptionist in DC and is always having to to gather additional info on anything the politicians want transcribed. Occasionally it's pool related things.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
not dissin anyone - just sayin - as a general rule its not a good idea to quote directly from someone else's work, without giving proper credit to the writer or source. some folx take plagiarism and copyrights fairly seriously ~

i think ms. jam is gonna have to stay after school and clean the chalkboard:wink: