Silver Member
Wu Chia-Ching 13-7
why is Albin Ouschan not on the polls?

Last edited:

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Wu, 13-7.

Tough field this year, probably the toughest US Open ever. Too bad we are missing a few of the younger elites from the Phillipines like Ignacio and Chua.

Chua was late for his US visa interview (Oct.12), and Ignacio did not want to join the US Open if his buddy wasnt too. They're playing in the Kuwait Open though. :)

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
I'm very surprised I'm the only one who has picked Cheng, the number one ranked player in the world. I know he seemingly came out of nowhere to win last year's US Open 9ball, but he has had great success besides that:

-tied for 3rd at the 2016 World 9ball Championship with Pagulayan & behind only Ouschan and Van Boening

-2nd behind Wu Jiaqing at the 2016 China Open

-1st in CBSA Miyun Open last October. Beat Wu Jiaqing in finals and came out ahead of all the Chinese and Taiwanese elite.

1st in current world rankings, last year's Open winner, & still an underdog :shrug:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wu Chia-Ching 13-7
why is Albin Ouschan not on the polls?

Ooo, that's my mistake.

Mika, Nick Ekonomopoulos , Albin, and Souquet are all 788, in 35, 36, 37, and 38 place respectively.

Somehow when making the list, I put Souquet in Nick's place. So really the last person on the poll should be Ekonomopoulos. Albin wouldn't have made the cut.

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
Just the fact alone that finally the great Wu Jiaqing plays in this year's US Open makes this tournament special. I have a feeling the fact he's not familiar with the tournament is a enormous disadvantage to his chances to win it but still I can't see anyone past him.

Wu 13-6

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I voted for Mike D, I'd love to see him win because he barely practices. It'd be awesome if he came with his A game, and also kind of funny too

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko Ping Chung 13-9
One of my favorites- this kid is due a big win. W9B and W10B semifinalist last year and All Japan finalist before that

Just the fact alone that finally the great Wu Jiaqing plays in this year's US Open makes this tournament special. I have a feeling the fact he's not familiar with the tournament is a enormous disadvantage to his chances to win it but still I can't see anyone past him.

Wu 13-6

Wu is the one to beat. But he is new and not acclimatised to US so don't see him winning this year. Probably last 8 or last 4 finish :smile:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my favorites- this kid is due a big win. W9B and W10B semifinalist last year and All Japan finalist before that

Wu is the one to beat. But he is new and not acclimatised to US so don't see him winning this year. Probably last 8 or last 4 finish :smile:

Itll be tough. I'm rooting for him, shaw or svb

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
I voted for Mike D, I'd love to see him win because he barely practices. It'd be awesome if he came with his A game, and also kind of funny too

What's funny? Watching him examine the racks with a magnifying glass?

Is this rack your own? Goodness gracious, I hope so.