Hep with GTF prestige/ JB Case

ATM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Help with GTF prestige/ JB Case

I have a 2X4 GTF Prestige and have 2 issues.
1- it’s a PITA making sure to orientate the butts and shafts correctly, spreading them a little and getting them all started and pushed in together so they don’t rub together. If I put the butt in first I can’t fit 2 shafts in tip down without them rubbing. Way too tight and don’t want to scratch the butt or shafts.
Also, when I remove the cues/shafts the interior pulls up with them and have to use a shaft to push it back in or the butts won’t go back in. Yes I have contacted the maker by email and FB Messenger and did not receive a reply on my options.

2- My playing cue butt with joint protector is 32” long and the top doesn’t fit fully onto the case.

I carry my playing cue (SW) with one shaft, a breaker (Mezz Kai) with one shaft and a cheap panther j/b shaft (butt for jump end in pouch).

Would I have the same issues with a JB Rugged 2x4 (length, tightness and interior pulling out? Would a 3X5 be looser? Rather not have a big 4X8.

7eb7c126f34eb5369fc2ca3662a3b86e.jpg

331865a0747f6982a21703df6ad9ae0d.jpg

Last edited:

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a Rugged 2x5/3x4 case and it works well. It is much roomier than my GTF 2x4, but it doesn’t see like a huge case.
The GTF is fine as a 2x3 case, but it gets a little tight as a 2x4, it works but you have to pay attention when loading it.

ATM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you had any issues with the interior pulling out on the 2x5/3x4? Also, do you know if a 32” butt will fit?

I have a Rugged 2x5/3x4 case and it works well. It is much roomier than my GTF 2x4, but it doesn’t see like a huge case.

The GTF is fine as a 2x3 case, but it gets a little tight as a 2x4, it works but you have to pay attention when loading it.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Have you had any issues with the interior pulling out on the 2x5/3x4? Also, do you know if a 32” butt will fit?

No issues with either case. I believe a 32” butt would fit (if 32” total length) but the liner doesn’t extend that far, so the last 4” would be out of the liner. It’s snug, so it probably doesn’t matter.
The Rugged has been a good case, I bought it to either strap on a bike or throw it in a sidecar. I like the snug fit, the cue isn’t rattling around in the case when on the bike.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a GTF 1x2, a Rugged 2x3, and a Rugged 2x5/3x4 and everything fits snug, no problems getting them in or out, if oriented correctly. Something just doesn't look right in your pics, seems way to tight. That looks more like a 2x2.

ATM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s a GTF 2X4 Replica case.

I have a GTF 1x2, a Rugged 2x3, and a Rugged 2x5/3x4 and everything fits snug, no problems getting them in or out, if oriented correctly. Something just doesn't look right in your pics, seems way to tight. That looks more like a 2x2.

Last edited:

vinniebabarooch

Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
Gold Member
Silver Member
Put the shafts in first, tips up. Then put the butts in joint down.
That should solve your problem.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That happens on my old It’s George 2x4. I’ve found that pin down and tips up helps. Sometimes I need to pull both butts up at the same time.

My JB Rugged 3x6 does not do this at all and you should have ample room with Jp’s

Last edited:

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These case are just too tight to the point that it may bend shafts especially filled up like how the OP has it. If you don’t completely load it full then I’m sure it’s ok.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put the shafts in first, tips up. Then put the butts in joint down.
That should solve your problem.

This may allow the cue to fit in the case BUT pulling shafts out by the tips and the butt end by the bumper is NOT an ideal situation at all, especially for more $$$ cues. using the joint protectors as pull mechanisms ( which in this case would be DOWN the bottom of the case) would be a much better scenario- never had one of these cases, but they seem to have it backwards for the sake of a tighter fit - would not be my ideal choice in a case for this reason.