SVB foul vs. Kaci?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
So as a ref you would stand in front of the player just because he was using a bridge. Your not calling a close hit. If you think it might come back and hit the players tip. Seems side view would be the best. Also you said Shane felt the contact. Therefore calling him a cheater.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I said that a ref should stand in the best possible place to watch the shot develop. Standing behind the player is usually not where you can see or call a close hit. Now, if a player was shooting over an object ball and could foul that ball after hitting the cue ball, I might stand behind him, just to the side.

As for the shot in question, nobody else could tell what happened on that shot any better than Shane. If there had been even the slightest of contacts with the cue ball by the tip of his cue, he is the only one who could have really known it. You can draw your own conclusions from that. I like Shane and he is a credit to the game, but he is no choir boy!

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After the initial contact, and within a 1/2 diamond of leaving the end rail the cue curves and then is on a straight path to where the chalk is sitting (behind is elbow as he pulls up the cue) then at the second diamond it begins to curve again. For those of you that think it's the bridge hitting the cue, I don't see the cue coming out of the bridge, I also don't think there is anyway possible for him to pick the cue up with his right hand, given the way he's holding it. The cue is stuck between his middle finger and ring finger, looks to me like he picks up the cue with the bridge.

I think he hit it but I don't think he knew it, lets not forget - Shane is deaf, he probably didn't hear it.