Ice Man?

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard of a guy around the Houston area that went by the name of Ice Man around the late 80's. Anybody know his real name?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
There was a black player from L.A. called The Iceman back in the 60's thru 80's. He played real good One Pocket and traveled around quite a bit. I never knew his real name.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
The Iceman, also from Lubbock, Texas and Chicago, IL

There was a black player from L.A. called The Iceman back in the 60's thru 80's. He played real good One Pocket and traveled around quite a bit. I never knew his real name.

The black player you speak about did travel under cover and to a lot of different places. One of the players that I know, knew him but can't remember his name at the moment. He was a good player, not a great champion but played also in Chicago and married a woman from Lubbock, Texas. He didn't drink or do drugs but suddenly one day he fell dead from a drug overdose or so the story goes.

This information came from someone who knew him fairly well. I would think someone from Lubbock Texas might know his name. I would be curious to hear confirmation or denial of the story of his demise.

JoeyA

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The player I heard of was a black player. I was told he shot lights out pool around Houston.
Lil bump for more info, maybe Joey is onto something, thanks.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The player I heard of was a black player. I was told he shot lights out pool around Houston.
Lil bump for more info, maybe Joey is onto something, thanks.
So I guess it's not Val Kilmer then. Dammit.

BVal