• Boyes

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Daz

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
If it goes this far, the Captains will pick up to two times: once for their strongest singles player and once for an opposing weak link. I'll also do a Captains Pick "Strong Player" poll.

So who might the 2 "weak picks" be and why?

Please wait for the poll to be constructed.

chipperd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
weak link

They might pick Rodney for our weak link, I hope so, because he has one heck of a gear, and is an awesome pressure player, its gonna bite em in the a$$!!!

thecardman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking it would be Nick Van Den Berg for Europe until I saw his match with Hatch earlier today. OK, so he didn't complete the job but I think he's been stronger than Ralf.

I do have to agree, however, that Europe will pick Rodney Morris especially after the nightmare he had earlier against Immonen.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
I picked Morris and Souquet.

Strange. Souquet is one of my favourite players, but he's not been up to par and is definitely struggling this year compared to his teammates

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
This year my USA weak pick is Hatch for sure. His emotion that pumped him up last year is having the opposite effect on him this year and causing huge amounts of pressure. ATM if you put the pressure on him with tough shots it is not a good thing for team USA. He has alot of little demons in his head atm he is doing battle with on the table.

For team Europe it is harder to find a "weak link". They are all pretty solid in mentality at the table, so I take VDB simply because I think atm he is the weakest player. The problem is he still has a decent resolve and is not going to be battleing himself like Hatch would be. Boyes is shooting too good atm to pick and is better then his lack of recognition in the USA would suggest. He has been around for a while, I think he played in the IPT even.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
not been up to par and is definitely struggling this year compared to his teammates

Is that wishfull thinking? I don't think Varner is going to fall for that. Souquet in a critical match like that is going to be a monster like he always is. Any opposing team caption is not going to take the chance of picking Souquet and having Souquet show up.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Is that wishfull thinking? I don't think Varner is going to fall for that. Souquet in a critical match like that is going to be a monster like he always is. Any opposing team caption is not going to take the chance of picking Souquet and having Souquet show up.

Looks like the real Souquet showed up for the Deuel-match :)