FOR SALE: Dennis Hatch's 2010 Mosconi Cup playing cue

buffalofloyd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Auction/Raffle it off as a combo package here on AZ... $30 a ticket with only 300 tickets sold and then pull the winning ticket live at the beginning of an upcoming TAR event. I will buy the first 2 tickets...

The auction is a good idea in theory, but I just don't think it will work here. There are two problems going for it with this particular cue. One, you either have 250 spots available for around $40 a spot, thus really decreasing peoples odds unless you buy a lot of spots. Or two, you really jack up the price of a spot and have fewer spots thus increasing peoples odds but paying a bit more... something like 100 spots for $100 a spot. Either way I just don't think people are gonna go for it. Getting 300 people to fill an auction (and pay for it) is gonna be real hard and paying $100 for a 1% chance in a smaller field might be even harder!

Like I said, I think the auction is a great idea, and if more people thought so I think there would have been a lot more responses to this thread regarding it. Unfortunately I don't think it would fly :frown: I hope I'm wrong :smile:

Jim

Last edited:

BisonBilliards

BisonBilliards.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This is such a sound investment, I can't imagine what this will be worth in years to come...

Dennis, I will throw this up on my website for you this week.

Jr.

master9baller

Banned
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Raffle

Sorry I started it with the term "auction". Yes I meant raffle. I think this cue would raffle off pretty easily. Like most of them the spots sell quicker when 1/2 or more are gone. Finding an outright buyer is best. If it isn't sold in a few weeks all that will be left are lowballers, even with a cue of this significance. The raffle at least let's you maintain your price and keeps it interesting for fans (of which you have many). If you do it I have the first $300 worth.

netspec

www.netspec.ca
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1 for raffle - I'm in for whatever odds and price ticket(s) up to $300.

If people want an auction or raffle I would do it, but people don't seem that interested. If I see that people would like that or participate I will do one or the other. Dennis Hatch

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
You could raffle it off with the stipulation that the raffle ends when all tix are sold and that if X amount aren't sold in 30 days the raffle is canceled or subject to to being canceled.

Someone pipe up if this is against raffle etiquette but i think it's reasonable.

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Sorry I started it with the term "auction". Yes I meant raffle. I think this cue would raffle off pretty easily. Like most of them the spots sell quicker when 1/2 or more are gone. Finding an outright buyer is best. If it isn't sold in a few weeks all that will be left are lowballers, even with a cue of this significance. The raffle at least let's you maintain your price and keeps it interesting for fans (of which you have many). If you do it I have the first $300 worth.

If the cue would go for $10,000.00 would there be 100 tickets at $100.00 or would 200 tickets at $50.00? What do you think?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
If the cue would go for $10,000.00 would there be 100 tickets at $100.00 or would 200 tickets at $50.00? What do you think?

100@100- Im only in for 1-not a 'stick guy'

somebody PM me if this raffle gets off the ground.

master9baller

Banned
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Raffle

$50 a spot would probably be wise as many fans would want to buy a single ticket, but wouldn't be able to spend $100 as comfortably. I think the 30 day stipulation would help accelerate the buying as well. When it's more than half sold people wouldn't want to miss it, just human nature.

If there is an auction I reccomend setting up a Paypal account for ease of payment and tracking paid entries. Also be precise in the setup of the auction rules and stick to them so nobody calls foul.

I'm down for 6 of 200 tickets ($300), plus the others who've posted looks like nearly 10% are "sold".

Good luck with this sale no matter what you decide to do. The selling point here is that our buying a spot helps keep this great player in the game as well. Also great promotion for a noted cuemaker.

Last edited:

crww

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'ld go for 100 either 1 @ 100 or 2 @50 would want 00 as number. Worked for me in the one pocket form

harmy76

Okie with no Strokie
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll buy 2 for $100 or 1 for a $100. I don't think a raffle would work for a cue that expensive, but since it is such a nostalgic piece, people will open up their wallets. I think this will move pretty quick.